NYC Mini-Meetup

digital flower

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
I recently had the pleasure of meeting LaFoto and her husband in NYC. We took a drive up to the Bronx. I didn't have much time but it was a lot of fun. LaFoto is as warm and friendly as her online personality! Here are a 2 pictures from our trip to Wave Hill.

laphoto1net.jpg

laphoto2net.jpg

Rob said:
Cool shots - even more so when you've met the subject! Is that you in the second one on the right??

Rob

:):):) ditto

Nice pic...thanks for sharing. Hmm, Lafoto wearing green, who woulda thought?

Heya, cool, here they are, the pics from our prior-to-the-big-one-mini-meet-up! :D
Well, yes, I guess I am as bad about the green as you are about the black, though I have a RED winter coat, and I ought to have brought THAT. The New York weather was way too cold for the clothes that we had brought, brrr!
And that was a short but sweet and very nice mini-meet-up with Chris aka Digital_Flower_Pictures and he took us to this wonderful little botanic garden in the west Bronx where it is beautiful and nice and very peaceful .. and some of the flowers were even in bloom, not only in the hothouse, also outside. Not many as yet but some. I took some pics... am busy working on them, soon they should be up :D. Also some of Chris aka Digital_Flower_Pictures ... I have a zoom lens, you know :greenpbl:

And John did a very good job, I must say. Thanks again to John (Chris's friend who works in that garden and who took the photo of the three of us).

Rob said:
Cool shots - even more so when you've met the subject! Is that you in the second one on the right??

Rob

Yeah, thats's me aka Farmer Chris :lol:

LaFoto I think you look quite stylish in green :)

Here are a couple more pictures from the meet up :lol:

redcactuswebc2.jpg

2iriswebc2.jpg

Here are mine, which never show me, though... so it is mostly just Andreas and Chris in talk about magnolia trees and star magnolias and such things ;)

139382922.jpg

139382924.jpg

(This is not John, who kindly took the photo of the three of us with Chris's camera, and who knows our area here in Germany and has been through here, a pity that he is in none of our photos)

139382926.jpg

139382929.jpg

139382932.jpg

139382935.jpg

139382936.jpg

139382939.jpg

I never caught you looking, Chris... sheesh.

But I have MANY flower pics from this mini meet-up ;).
Wanna see, too?

LaFoto said:
But I have MANY flower pics from this mini meet-up ;).
Wanna see, too?

Please post them. I would like to take a look.

LaFoto said:
This is not John, who kindly took the photo of the three of us with Chris's camera, and who knows our area here in Germany and has been through here, a pity that he is in none of our photos)

That's Scott Canning the director of horticulture. A very nice person and accomplished gardener. He is from Connecticut, too.
This John in the photo below. You know who thr others are :wink: ;)

corandjohn.jpg

Ah, good, you did take a photo of John and the two of us after all. How nice. I really liked him! And to know that he's at least been through our village while on the train from Hamburg to Bremen is quite something :D.

Flower pics then? Will do ... just a little later, OK?

Ah, ok. "Later" is now already, I can just about squeeze in the resizing, uploading and linking process for the flower pics I've got (there actually are more, but not all came out in the way I had hoped they would :oops: )

139776262.jpg

139776266.jpg

139776253.jpg

Two examples from the beautiful cactus collection there in Wave Hill, the upper two done with the Powershot, and the third and all the following with the 350D and the 300mm lens, either in the macro function or just so...

139776247.jpg

139776259.jpg

Greenhouse plants

139776260.jpg

One of the miniature tulips in the wild garden

139776250.jpg

Pink star magnolia

LaFoto, thanks for sharing. These are wonderful. If I had to choose one it would probably be the second yellow cactus. The pink Hellebore (#5) is very nice also.

Great to see these photos from the mini-meetup. Lafoto picture #2 of the cactus is really great. All your flower pictures are good, but #2 is a stand out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back