Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thoughts, input...all appreciated :)

4918147067_ec4cd50c17.jpg

More images of New York up on my blog...link below

Last edited:
I like the perspective. Just out of curiosity, how did you achieve that angle? Put up a ladder in the middle of the intersection? :p

Were you on one of the tour buses when you shot this photo?

I simply put on my anti-gravity boots and floated up. :)

My wife suggested that we take the tour bus (something we both hate doing - but at least it was a hop on and hop off thing) to see if I would get some interesting camera angles. Plus, we were tired of walking so much haha.

The leading lines lead to infinity, away from what seems to have been your intended subject, the people in the cross walk. At least based on your thread title.

The leading lines lead to infinity, away from what seems to have been your intended subject, the people in the cross walk. At least based on your thread title.

Good eye, thanks for pointing that out.

What caught me by the scene (and general life in NYC) was the chaos that happened when a light would change...people rushing, cars turning, horns honking... everyone trying to get somewhere as far as the eye could see.

What caught me by the scene (and general life in NYC) was the chaos that happened when a light would change...people rushing, cars turning, horns honking... everyone trying to get somewhere as far as the eye could see.

Pierre

A couple of months ago, I was in NYC. It was the end of my day and I was really tired - so I understand what you mean.

I was at the corner of Central Park and The Plaza (59th & 5th) - a large corner, even for NY.

I saw the 'canyon' looking south on the 5th ave. So, as the light turned red, I would rush out to the middle of the ave and try to photograph the canyon. The 1st time the image was crooked. The 2nd time it was not great-and I had stayed maybe a little too long - cars honking like mad as I was in the middle of the road. The 3rd time, I was ready, I went out calmly and took my time. The cars were honking and I could feel them on my backside. Someone tapped me on the shoulder (scared the crap out of me) - it was a policeman. He asked me to step to the curb. He scolded me and told me next time he would arrest me. :er: That image came out the best. :mrgreen:

Yes, NYC is crazy with people, even people like me.

sorry twinky, but I didn't post in the other thread..... something about jackets, the met and cabs..... 'kin awesome series. Diggin' the PoV on this one bro.

btw, the met shot was killer, close second was the cabbie.

Pierre, I love downtown and urban environments. But nothing compares to the hussle of NYC. Being there during the week at rush hour trying to cross the street is pretty funny. My wife and I got seperated a few times trying to cross a street.

No prob Kund, thanks for the comments, no matter which thread you put them in :D

Awesome picture. When did you go? I was actually just there this past tuesday-saturday.

That is a very cool picture.... a bus... that is a good way to get this angles... will have to try it...

Make sure its the double decker ones and its not raining...or ensure your gear is ready for the water hehe.

Awesome picture. When did you go? I was actually just there this past tuesday-saturday.

August 6th to the 10th. Just getting around to the images now. ;)
Where did you stay?

DUDE, you were in NY and didn't holla?!
WTH?! You almost hurt my feelings.

Really cool perspective. Dig the B&W.
How do you like NYC, Im going to try to take a bus to the city this week for a day.

DUDE, you were in NY and didn't holla?!
WTH?! You almost hurt my feelings.

No harm intended. It was a last minute trip we booked within a week. We are heading back in a few months, so I'll buy the first round :)

Most reactions

Back