What kind of wine do you like?

• Total voters

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have had some excellent wines lately, one of them coming from New Zealand that rocked my world! It was called something like De Sol but I can't seem to remember the winery.

As I understand, it is not sold yet in the USA, the bottle that we had was a sample (labeled Not For Sale)

Does anyone know of this wine?

There are some great wines from the Hawks Bay region around Napier. (Cool town too!)

We had an excellent Savignon Blanc from the Marlboro region. I think it was called Geisen (sp?) Sauvignon Blanc.

yeppers, the nz whities are much better than the reddies but i got very merry with a nz redhead last night lol.

I'll go to bottle shop accross the street and see if i can find your bottle. Would you like me to ship it to you if I find it?

Red wine is for lovers. :love: Anytime, anywhere. :wink:

I can enjoy a Reisling if it's a good producer and nicely chilled. Chardonnay is nasty to me. Flat champagne. :puke-rig:

My hubby might know this label, Mitica. I'll ask him. We've certainly had some tasty Aussie shirazes before. Trying to think what we may have had from New Zealand. :scratch:

I tried the wine thing for awhile. Found a nice Merlot called Blackstone that was pretty tasty and not too expensive. The only thing I learned about the wine culture; I really am a beer guy :p

malachite said:
I tried the wine thing for awhile. Found a nice Merlot called Blackstone that was pretty tasty and not too expensive. The only thing I learned about the wine culture; I really am a beer guy :p

Enjoy your beer! :cheers: Developing a taste and passion for wine is as deadly as being bitten by the photography bug. At least we can keep good photos and admire our work. You drink an expensive wine, love it, enhance with the right food.....and it's still an empty bottle at the end. :|

Run, run far away! :wink:

(spoken by the wife of a film AND wine geek) :p

Never had wine before...had some champaign before, though! It was given to me for Christmas and me and my bf drank it one night...not gonna even TELL you the effect that stuff had on me!

Karalee said:
Ok, so there is a winery in Whangarei that makes a pretty damn good white blend known as White Diamond My aunty said she sent her friends back to the states with it and theyre in love with it.

And by the way did you mean this wine?

Hey Kara, you rock!!! That's the wine:

LE SOL
GIMBLETT GRAVELS VINEYARD
SYRAH
GIMBLETT GRAVELS WINE GROWING DISTRICT - 2002

It is a fantastic wine and I have had wines from all around the world. This baby is amongst the finest I've ever tasted! Too bad it's not imported in the USA, I might need to make a trip down to NZ, visit you guys and girls! :lol:

vonnagy said:
yeppers, the nz whities are much better than the reddies but i got very merry with a nz redhead last night lol.

I'll go to bottle shop accross the street and see if i can find your bottle. Would you like me to ship it to you if I find it?

Von, that's so noble of you! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I have heard about NZ whites but this Syrah got me big time:

LE SOL
GIMBLETT GRAVELS VINEYARD
SYRAH
GIMBLETT GRAVELS WINE GROWING DISTRICT - 2002
(courtesy of Karalee). :lol:

Karalee said:
:lmao: glad to be of service ;)

My dads heading over to the states at the start of the month, let me know if you want a bottle.

I would kill for a bottle of that elixir!... :drool:

Well, maybe not kill but close to it. Absolutely, PM me with details, such as price and all that good stuff and we'll take it from there.

Thanx Kara... You're an angel! :bigangel:

My parents love a NZ chardonnay... Oyster Bay...

They tried to get it here in aus, but its almost impossible. They ordered one through the bottle store - but the bottle store ordered something else called oyster bay - but it wasnt the right thing.

But yep. You kiwi's... Try that. (what do i mean 'you kiwi's'... I mean - my fellow kiwis)

Yep

Most reactions

New Topics

Back