Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hope you all like it! :D

4519663670_725582473f_b.jpg

NO BORDER

4519710706_fa5ba91a3c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Not really into these types of shots but it would be really nice if it didnt have that wierd border, i dont get the obsession with those things these days. Its a good picture it doesnt need some fancy thing like that. I mean imagine if all the paintings at the Philadelphia art museum had borders like that....

Picture perfect. See, you can do it.

Thanks Bynx

I am waiting for summer to be here so that I can go out and take some pictures this past winter was a real bummer the skies where almost every day grey and although you can find great subjects to shoot it just takes more time to find the subject.

I much rather wait for summertime when everything is green and skies are nice. I think that also is the same case for others here why it has been relative dead. I just picked up a 32gb class10 sdhc for the camera so I am ready besides in June I will be in a 14day cruise so plenty of opportunity to take great shots. I am still planning on taking some astrophotography shots as well this summer can't wait for those.

Not really into these types of shots but it would be really nice if it didnt have that wierd border, i dont get the obsession with those things these days. Its a good picture it doesnt need some fancy thing like that. I mean imagine if all the paintings at the Philadelphia art museum had borders like that....

Done!

Thank god much better. Also nice use of HDR, i couldnt even tell it was at first, thats they way it should be.

It's nice and all but it really needs a subject.

looks great, but yeah, that border kind of detracts from the beauty.

Composition wise there are issues. But as far as color/appearance it came out great.

The colours are amazing. Well done. However, I agree with Josh.

What about crop to make it a panoramic?

I will elaborate on my post a bit.

There is really no subject in this image. With the horizon dead center, it's a toss up between the water and the sky/sunset.

It also lacks a foreground; It is all middle ground and background.

If you had taken composition into account, this image would have been absolutely perfect.

I will elaborate on my post a bit.

There is really no subject in this image. With the horizon dead center, it's a toss up between the water and the sky/sunset.

It also lacks a foreground; It is all middle ground and background.

If you had taken composition into account, this image would have been absolutely perfect.

Thanks Josh this was taken in the middle of the Atlantic ocean not much there but water and clouds.

Glad you liked the colors
Josh M.

Here are other HDR images I had already posted a while back

Horizon is tilted

4131011272_a4d5128844_b.jpg

4130247247_3aea11b7cc_b.jpg

4134377312_96e8037138_b.jpg

4134377452_551feff100_b.jpg

Last edited:
Some people cant see the forest for the trees. Perhaps what Josh wants to see is a rubber duckie floating on a wave. I guess you could call that a subject. Personally I see the seascape as a subject in itself.

Some people cant see the forest for the trees. Perhaps what Josh wants to see is a rubber duckie floating on a wave. I guess you could call that a subject. Personally I see the seascape as a subject in itself.

A rubber ducky would have been nice. I have already expressed how much I like the image, so I am unsure whether the forest statement was directed at me or not.

Part of the boat, perhaps the handrails/deck could have acted as a foreground in the middle of the ocean.

Try cropping out some of the water or the sky, depending on your personal preference. I'd like to see how it looked without the horizon dead center. I am a huge fan of breaking the rules, but it rarely works with the horizons IMO. An example of an exception would be a lake which is reflecting something where it needs to be 50/50.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back