Ode to Invisible: Entropy Part 1

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I've been doing quite a bit of what I call 'exploring' lately, and I know Invisible is extremely well known for photos of this sort, hence the title. There will be a few parts in order to not overwhelm you with photos. The rest can be seen here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...e-invisible-entropy-part-2-a.html#post2220141

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/241395-ode-invisible-entropy-part-3-a.html

I have the color version as well if you'd like to see.
HDR10-1.jpg

HDR9.jpg

DSC_7603.jpg

HDR3VD.jpg

HDR6.jpg

HDR7.jpg

HDR8.jpg

C&C always welcome and appreciated.
Mark

Last edited:
The bus is my favorite. I like the curtains in number 4. The texture in 5 is nice, but it feels chaotic to me, like a salt and pepper war. Of 2, 6, and 7, 2 is the best.

Great subjects and well executed re exposure, but I'd like to see closer shots, but that may be just my preference. On the bus, I'd rather see some close-ups than the "long" shot, or maybe just a tighter crop around the bus. I have the same preference for some of the others. You seem to have done this with #6, which appears to be a piece of #2 and is a more powerful image. I might have lightened up the shadows a bit to show a little more detail in the chair and floor, as in #2. #s 4 & 5 could benefit from closer shots as well. #3 is what I would call a tunnel shot, which is hard to do much with - too much symmetry.

Love the ode to invisible. Hope he see's this. Nice set Mark. I like to see your shots of stuff besides da bugs. :hug::

The bus is my favorite. I like the curtains in number 4. The texture in 5 is nice, but it feels chaotic to me, like a salt and pepper war. Of 2, 6, and 7, 2 is the best.

Thank you.

Great subjects and well executed re exposure, but I'd like to see closer shots, but that may be just my preference. On the bus, I'd rather see some close-ups than the "long" shot, or maybe just a tighter crop around the bus. I have the same preference for some of the others. You seem to have done this with #6, which appears to be a piece of #2 and is a more powerful image. I might have lightened up the shadows a bit to show a little more detail in the chair and floor, as in #2. #s 4 & 5 could benefit from closer shots as well. #3 is what I would call a tunnel shot, which is hard to do much with - too much symmetry.
Thank you. Many of them were handheld 9-exposure HDRs, going down to about 1/10s, so it was quite hard sometimes to get details in any of the shadow portions. I see what you mean with the tighter crop, and it is definately something that I will look into doing on a re-edit. I will also have a re-visit now that I have my UWA (Tokina 11-16/2.8) back. These were shot with the Sigma 18-50/2.8.

I like 4 the best. Interesting shots.
Thank you

Enjoyed all the shots. Love the desolate ghost town feel.

#7 Makes me want to lean off to the left, so I think there may be a slight tilt in your horizon.
Thank you! #7 was a PITA. All of the lines in there are different. The ceiling was not only sagging to the back, but also to the right of the image, the lines on the wall weren't straight or even symmetrical, the floorboards are uneven, and the place where the wall attaches with the floor is unlevel. I forget what I eventually did decide to level it off with, but I believe it was the top of the window panes. Feel free to edit and see if you can find a better compromise, and let me know where you straightened it with. I can send a large file if need be.

Thanks again.

Love the ode to invisible. Hope he see's this. Nice set Mark. I like to see your shots of stuff besides da bugs. :hug::
Haha ,thanks! It's good to see someone recognises me! You will be getting more bugs, too though. :) :hug::

Thanks everyone!
Mark

Mark, thanks for the ode :lol: The image of the bus flat-out rocks! I wish it was mine! Nice set overall – images look a bit dark from here, but I think my monitor is in need of a recalibration.

Most reactions

Back