Off Camera Flash

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know there are loads of threads similar and I have looked at them but they didn't really answer my question.

I have a D3100 and I'm going to buy a Yongnuo yn560 after reading good things about it, and at that price you can't go wrong. Anyway I would like to get the flash of camera and I wouldn't really be wanting to use it as a slave. I understand I would need a wireless trigger but I really don't want to be spending a lot. What can I get without going wrong, I done a search on eBay but there are loads of different ones. As I said I don't want to be spending anything much really.
Thanks in advanced!

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It depends on how far off camera you need. There are hot shoe cords that cost a lot less than a wireless trigger that will do the job, although if you are talking about more than a few feet, then having a cord running that far could be inconvenient.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Forget the cord. That's a hassle. Imagine having to weedeat a yard with a corded weedeater. It sucks. You want the gas powered one.

There are a TON of cheap wireless radio triggers on the market. You can find them at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

I personally shoot YN560s using el cheapo Cowboy triggers I bought through Amazon at this link: Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04, 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver: Camera & Photo

Dirt cheap and effective. I use a Nikon D90 and I trigger 2 YN560's and an SB-700 with them. No issues.

Good luck.

OP
B

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
jwbryson1 said:
Forget the cord. That's a hassle. Imagine having to weedeat a yard with a corded weedeater. It sucks. You want the gas powered one.

There are a TON of cheap wireless radio triggers on the market. You can find them at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

I personally shoot YN560s using el cheapo Cowboy triggers I bought through Amazon at this link: Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04, 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver: Camera & Photo

Dirt cheap and effective. I use a Nikon D90 and I trigger 2 YN560's and an SB-700 with them. No issues.

Good luck.

Looked at them, look pretty good, have you heard of PT-16 triggers?

And thanks!

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
jwbryson1 said:

Good luck.

Looked at them, look pretty good, have you heard of PT-16 triggers?

And thanks!

I have not but they appear to be nearly identical to the Cowboy units. I'm certain there are folks on this forum who've heard of them. O Hey Tyler may use them (I think I read a post of his on this?? Maybe not). If not, Big Mike, KmH or MLeek probably is familiar with them. Wait a bit and see if they respond to this thread or shoot them a PM.

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
almost no ambient light + long shutter + manually trigger the flash with your finger = awesome

OP
B

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
jwbryson1 said:

Good luck.

I'm torn between that ^^ and this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18072061248...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_8373wt_922

I'm leaning towards the Yongnuo one.

Most reactions

New Topics