Off Camera Flash

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know there are loads of threads similar and I have looked at them but they didn't really answer my question.

I have a D3100 and I'm going to buy a Yongnuo yn560 after reading good things about it, and at that price you can't go wrong. Anyway I would like to get the flash of camera and I wouldn't really be wanting to use it as a slave. I understand I would need a wireless trigger but I really don't want to be spending a lot. What can I get without going wrong, I done a search on eBay but there are loads of different ones. As I said I don't want to be spending anything much really.
Thanks in advanced!

It depends on how far off camera you need. There are hot shoe cords that cost a lot less than a wireless trigger that will do the job, although if you are talking about more than a few feet, then having a cord running that far could be inconvenient.

Forget the cord. That's a hassle. Imagine having to weedeat a yard with a corded weedeater. It sucks. You want the gas powered one.

There are a TON of cheap wireless radio triggers on the market. You can find them at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

I personally shoot YN560s using el cheapo Cowboy triggers I bought through Amazon at this link: Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04, 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver: Camera & Photo

Dirt cheap and effective. I use a Nikon D90 and I trigger 2 YN560's and an SB-700 with them. No issues.

Good luck.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
jwbryson1 said:
Forget the cord. That's a hassle. Imagine having to weedeat a yard with a corded weedeater. It sucks. You want the gas powered one.

There are a TON of cheap wireless radio triggers on the market. You can find them at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

I personally shoot YN560s using el cheapo Cowboy triggers I bought through Amazon at this link: Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04, 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver: Camera & Photo

Dirt cheap and effective. I use a Nikon D90 and I trigger 2 YN560's and an SB-700 with them. No issues.

Good luck.

Looked at them, look pretty good, have you heard of PT-16 triggers?

And thanks!

jwbryson1 said:

Good luck.

Looked at them, look pretty good, have you heard of PT-16 triggers?

And thanks!

I have not but they appear to be nearly identical to the Cowboy units. I'm certain there are folks on this forum who've heard of them. O Hey Tyler may use them (I think I read a post of his on this?? Maybe not). If not, Big Mike, KmH or MLeek probably is familiar with them. Wait a bit and see if they respond to this thread or shoot them a PM.

almost no ambient light + long shutter + manually trigger the flash with your finger = awesome

jwbryson1 said:

Good luck.

I'm torn between that ^^ and this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18072061248...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_8373wt_922

I'm leaning towards the Yongnuo one.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back