Oh Baby C&C

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cute baby :)

They are nice snapshots, but that all that they really are to me. It's extremely difficult (near impossible) to get very high quality images while relying on your on-camera flash as your main light source. While using your new camera and lens, practice using only natural light. When you feel that you have mastered that, invest in a flash unit. With a flash unit, you can bounce the light off of a wall or ceiling to avoid that "deer in headlights" look that the on camera flash gives. :)

Cute baby :)

They are nice snapshots, but that all that they really are to me. It's extremely difficult (near impossible) to get very high quality images while relying on your on-camera flash as your main light source. While using your new camera and lens, practice using only natural light. When you feel that you have mastered that, invest in a flash unit. With a flash unit, you can bounce the light off of a wall or ceiling to avoid that "deer in headlights" look that the on camera flash gives. :)

LOL Thanks for your feedback. Yep they're just snapshots. My son with his daddy. He's REALLY like a deer in the headlights. I think the flash spooked him. Poor baby. But I get what you're saying. So using on-camera flash is bad? I'll take your advice on the flash. I'm also investing in a lighting unit. Can anyone tell me whether the flash lighting or continous lighting is better. I'm in the process of choosing lighting equipment... and it gives the option...

Flash lighting will give you better results, but continuous lighting is much easier to work with (and usually less expensive). Unless you want to get seriously into portraiture, you can save yourself a LOT of money by just buying a couple of Pentax flash units, and using them off-camera with bounce-umbrellas.

Most reactions

Back