Oh golly, more IR *12pics*

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
more IR indeed. Sorry im flooding you with these, but its just beautiful weather outside and i have to take advantage of that. I took this shots were i work again, only this time i took my tripod with me. So more freedom to walk around and better POV's :). The first 2 are of birds that i work with. Just try to keep them still for 2 seconds, the whole body. That doesnt happen and thats why the heads are a bit blurry :). Some people might recognize #9, only this one is taken with a normal view.
Here they are:
InfraRoodKleur038.jpg

InfraRoodKleur039.jpg

InfraRoodKleur040.jpg

InfraRoodKleur041.jpg

InfraRoodKleur042.jpg

InfraRoodKleur043.jpg

InfraRoodKleur044.jpg

InfraRoodKleur045.jpg

InfraRoodKleur046.jpg

InfraRoodKleur047.jpg

InfraRoodKleur048.jpg

InfraRoodKleur049.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

cool IR...... the bird ones are interesting.... maybe try and sneek up on one while its asleep!..... I really like number 8..... nice perspective. :thumbup:

Excellent stuff. Diggin number 8 as well.

I like that whirrrrrrrrrrring wheel of the windmill in 9 :)D) - and the overall scene in 10. Though 8 is a beautiful photo, indeed.
As they all are.
IR is ever so fascinating!

i sent someone a reply to a PM that i got with somewhat the same question:
I shoot with a Canon EOS 350D. With a 50mm 1.8 and a Hoya R72 filter. Dont forget to bring a tripod as well. Very usefull most of the time when shooting IR.
First off, you have to make a custom whitebalance (hope your camera can do that). You take a picture of grass with the filter on. The exposure should be about 2.5secs. Just look at the image, it should be almost white. Then use that image as the custom whitebalance.
I can use my autofocus (with the filter on) on sunny days, so that really simple. Just make sure you dont focus on trees or something. For all i know it has to be something like a building or bench or whatever doesnt have leaves. If you cant use the autofocus you have to focus manually. First take off the filter, focus the scene you want to capture. Then put on the filter and set your camera to manual focus. Then turn the focus ring a bit to the left (or right, cant remember) Its just trial and error, till you got the right focus. This is all because IR light got another focus point then normal light (or something like that)
Ok, then you come home with your wicked shots and sit behind your pc. I sure do hope you got Photoshop, cause you will need it. You can find a action that you use in photoshop here: http://www.outdooreyes.com/photo95.php3
Just read the stuff on the page and you will know it works. So open your image, play the action and voila.......a nice IR photo. Slap a border on it and you got it all.
Only thing left is the exposure time, which in on a really sunny day is about 2 seconds. But you just have to try and see.
Hope it helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back