Oh No! Cute idea, horrible outcome...

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Basically I just LOVE the picture below, but the lack of sky, white bushes, and washed out skin ruins it for me:( Anyone have any photoshop tricks up their sleeve to fix the problem? I already realize the multitude of errors we made taking it, but it was a silly moment and now I hope it can be fixed because we love the expressions:) thanks guys! I hope it's possible.

amyandjason062fh.jpg

Big Version:
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9837/amyandjason063dl.jpg

do you want someone to have a go at editing it for you or do you want some tips and ideas on how you could make it better?

Off the top of my head i would say that you could add a little contrast and saturation, maybe cut and paste you and your boyfriend on to a different, more pleasing back ground (without making it look tacky that is)

to be honest though i think it looks ok as is, for a snap shop

You can't put in what aint there. You obviously exposed for the two people, who were in the shade. You probably should have either used a fill-in flash or a reflector to brighten the subject, then the exposure would have balanced with the background [sky]. Your only way out now is to superimpose a sky with Photoshop into the original shot. Good luck.

ElectricHarmony, I moved your question about what to do to rescue this photo (nice one! :D) to the Photoshop Challenges in the Photo Themes. Someone might come up with an idea and show you their edit. Be warned: some edits might also just be fun edits, so maybe you also get results that are to be taken with a grain (or two even) of salt ;). Let's see what happens, hm?

JohnMF said:
do you want someone to have a go at editing it for you or do you want some tips and ideas on how you could make it better?

Off the top of my head i would say that you could add a little contrast and saturation, maybe cut and paste you and your boyfriend on to a different, more pleasing back ground (without making it look tacky that is)

to be honest though i think it looks ok as is, for a snap shop

Either one would be awesome and greatly appreciated:)

Good ideas! I'll try, but it sounds advanced lol

Philip Weir said:
You can't put in what aint there. You obviously exposed for the two people, who were in the shade. You probably should have either used a fill-in flash or a reflector to brighten the subject, then the exposure would have balanced with the background [sky]. Your only way out now is to superimpose a sky with Photoshop into the original shot. Good luck.

I know, I'm kickin' myself now:( The problem is we were 100 feet in the air on a rickity old SkyFari;)

LaFoto said:
ElectricHarmony, I moved your question about what to do to rescue this photo (nice one! :D) to the Photoshop Challenges in the Photo Themes. Someone might come up with an idea and show you their edit. Be warned: some edits might also just be fun edits, so maybe you also get results that are to be taken with a grain (or two even) of salt ;). Let's see what happens, hm?

Wow that's so cool! Thank you :hugs:

Philip, I just helped you be the genius you have always wanted to be :biggrin: - (just a little).
When linking pics from Photobucket to here, go to the third line, the one that already has the [ IMG]...[ /IMG] wraps around the photo URL, and if that is pasted in here, your photo will show right away.
And I do like your work on this photo!

Heres mine:

electricharmonys.jpg

Used some cloud brushes made from pics of real clouds and the Gradient tool

Philip Weir said:
amyandjason063dl.jpg

This I hope will work, I just did a quick retouch [took about a minute], but if the image I did goes through, I'm a genius, although only an amateur one. It will be the first time I've been able to transfer an image.
Philip.

Wow you did a great job, and I love this shade of blue! Thank you :hugs:

Here is a quick attempt with a masked illusion. I left the one spot above her head brighter so not to look too fake because of the bright sunspot on her hair..perhaps tomorrow when I am more awake I can spend more time on it LOL

amyandjason063dl1copy1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back