gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been sharing some images from this old prison. Here is a collection of a dozen (with a few repeaters).

This prison was the filming location of "Shawshank Redemption". Although I enjoyed that movie, I was far more interested in the prison's history and its architecture. I also very much enjoy photographing urban decay.

I selected a dozen images here, but I have many more to share at a later time.

1- Prison entrance
p2873159195-5.jpg

2- The Chapel
p2873158530-5.jpg

3- Endless prison cell bars
p2873158596-5.jpg

4- Spooky staircase
p2873158042-5.jpg

5- Elevator door
p2873158184-5.jpg

6- Library
p2873158757-5.jpg

7- Handprint
p2873158123-5.jpg

8- Outlet
p2873158173-5.jpg

9- Corridor
p2873158055-5.jpg

10- Chapel wall
p2873158383-5.jpg

11- Cell door
p2873159147-5.jpg

12- Cell block
p2873158932-5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Glenn

Wow! That's a cracking set. Quality images, well shot and well composed. The duplicates are different enough to warrant inclusion.

P.S. it's oneof my favorite movies

#9 is my pick of the lot. It’s always a guilty pleasure to look through your photos. Well done as always, sir!

You've done a great job capturing not only the decay but the sinister vibe of the place.

Wow! That's a cracking set. Quality images, well shot and well composed. The duplicates are different enough to warrant inclusion.

P.S. it's one of my favorite movies
Thank you...much appreciated.
Very nice.
Thanks!
Well done.
Thank you
#9 is my pick of the lot. It’s always a guilty pleasure to look through your photos. Well done as always, sir!
Thanks again for the kind words, Dean
You've done a great job capturing not only the decay but the sinister vibe of the place.
Thanks so much

Glenn

Great images! I love the spooky staircase. Very nice work.

Wow! Very nicely done! Shawshank is one of the few movies I'll watch over. #10 looks like a map. Great set!

nice set but let me be honest ... that signature (the size and shape) severely and very negatively impacts the photos .. I just can't understand how some photographer deliberately does this with his/her photos after spending work with that (in the field and while processing)

Great images! I love the spooky staircase. Very nice work.
Thank you
Wow! Very nicely done! Shawshank is one of the few movies I'll watch over. #10 looks like a map. Great set!
Thanks Jeff...now that you mention it, it does look a lot like a map.
nice set but let me be honest ... that signature (the size and shape) severely and very negatively impacts the photos .. I just can't understand how some photographer deliberately does this with his/her photos after spending work with that (in the field and while processing)
Thank you...of course, I have original versions without the signature. These are output that way as an action for web postings.

Glenn

Thank you

Thanks Jeff...now that you mention it, it does look a lot like a map.

Thank you...of course, I have original versions without the signature. These are output that way as an action for web postings.

Glenn
Then perhaps you could re-consider your signature design ... signatures in general don't improve the photos for viewers and large signatures do it largely and small signatures do it with smaller impact ... your signature is the first category ... something "usual" that fits to corner will probably suffice better

Then perhaps you could re-consider your signature design ... signatures in general don't improve the photos for viewers and large signatures do it largely and small signatures do it with smaller impact ... your signature is the first category ... something "usual" that fits to corner will probably suffice better
I will consider some other options for the signature...I tend to switch the design of the signature every so often.

Thanks,
Glenn

Reactions: ntz
I will consider some other options for the signature...I tend to switch the design of the signature every so often.

Thanks,
Glenn

Ofc by no means I meant it as critique of your photos .. I like them very much .. and more I like the photos the more I don't like when something stands between me and the picture itself and spoils myself viewing that ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back