What's new

Ok, another one...

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something, but I actually like this idea more than the last. Again, the positioning and ratio are intentional. How does this one work?


Lake Takhlakh by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
Some will like it, some won't. I'm in the latter group since I can't even see enough to know what I'm looking at. Perhaps that was the intent. Sorry, it just doesn't do anything for me.
 
I like the atmosphere of it a lot, but it needs something in it. Maybe a tiny boat in the distance, a lone fisherman on the bank, etc.

To me it's a great background in want of a subject.
 
My edit while just messing around with filters. Not sure if it makes an improvement or not, but it is different.


$MistyLake1a.webp
 
Is missing a subject, nothing at all to look, the image looks very empty like that
 
The more I look at this, the more I crave it. Technically, I think you did a fine job of isolating the essence of the scene. Artistically, I don't want to screw it up with words.
 
I like the minimalist look of this and the muted color but I don't think the aspect ratio helps it. When I look at it I want it to be square or horizontal, I'm not sure why.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom