Ok.. attempt 2 at self portraits.. probably not work safe

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried a new lighting technique.. C&C please, they look really grainy on the computer, anyone know why? They are not grainy in person... (once again, Im not vain, but no one else will pose for me!)
n12106219_35658910_8056.jpg

n12106219_35658931_8530.jpg

n12106219_35658974_4914.jpg

n12106219_35658978_6042.jpg

The second set of expressions aren't convincing enough. They probably look good in person, but not in static photos.

For the first one, a horizontal shot would be much better, the pose is horizontal after all.

And the second one, your body look really square. Mainly because of the shadows.

the third picture is too dark on the right side of your face, especially your right eye and in the fourth picture, you look out of it.

Im getting frustrated that they look so grainy on here!! Heres a couple more...

n12106219_35661570_9795.jpg

Please ignore the remote in my hand hahahaha... this one I need C&C on the lighting
n12106219_35661571_131.jpg

Okay, thanks for telling me. I really like the look of these pictures and I'd like to try something with a similar background but I just can't seem to get the plain black background right for some reason.

My favorite is the last one.

No problem. I picked up a piece of heavy black material from a fabric store, nothing fancy, just makje sure its not too shiny or see through... and sadly i just staple or pin it to a wall. hahahaha Gotta love ghetto photography set ups!

No problem. I picked up a piece of heavy black material from a fabric store, nothing fancy, just makje sure its not too shiny or see through... and sadly i just staple or pin it to a wall. hahahaha Gotta love ghetto photography set ups!

Hey now, ghetto is an art form in and of itself. I like the first one, its haunting.

I have to say that I like the other ones I've seen or your Flickr more.
Expression doesn't really do it for me and photos are really noisy.

Hmmm. Fabulous finger nails.....

Im using digital, these are old and the reason they are grainy and crappy quality is that the site i was using to embed the images, decreased the quality in the process. Ahhhhh... looking at these again I hate them. These are old!

The first shot looks strangely familiar....script comes to mind.

The grainyess (sp) is probably a compression issue. Did I mention that I have a camera and I would be happy ......................

Most reactions

New Topics

Back