Ok, bring on the C&C

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first attempt at PP and I would love to hear where I screwed it up. Please not only tell me what I did wrong and what looks off, but tell me how I can make it better and be a better photographer. Useless "you suck, go back to the barn bama boy" is not needed, I know I am a hick and I have come to terms with that......so let me have it!

PPfavFarmer.jpg

Thanks!

This is my first attempt at PP and I would love to hear where I screwed it up. Please not only tell me what I did wrong and what looks off, but tell me how I can make it better and be a better photographer. Useless "you suck, go back to the barn bama boy" is not needed, I know I am a hick and I have come to terms with that......so let me have it!

PPfavFarmer.jpg

Thanks!

Damn, I was just thinking "you suck, go back to the barn bama boy" too, and then I saw you said not to say that!!!:lol: JK...

Anyway, I don't see much wrong with the shot, other than judging by what's in focus being the blueberries, I would have cropped a little more off the left side maybe?

Oh, after looking again, I noticed the blurred people in the background. For something like this shot, you could wait until you've got a clear background - I don't think the blueberries are going to hop out.

Marcus,

Thanks for the feedback! This was taken at a very busy farmer's market so getting the shot without peeps in the background would have been near impossible, but I do see what you are saying and will take that into consideration when shooting in the future.

You would crop more off the left side or the right side? I wanted the maters defocused in the background.....did my techinque on that defocusing suck?

I like it. Good colors, good lighting, interesting subject. It makes me yearn for fresh produce and I don't even like blueberries, so I'd say it works.

I agree with the cropping comment above, and while it would have been nicer without them, the people don't bother me at all.

Marcus,

Thanks for the feedback! This was taken at a very busy farmer's market so getting the shot without peeps in the background would have been near impossible, but I do see what you are saying and will take that into consideration when shooting in the future.

You would crop more off the left side or the right side? I wanted the maters defocused in the background.....did my techinque on that defocusing suck?

I like having the tomatoes in the shot, and they are out of focus nicely, but they take up at least half of the shot, and being that it's a closeup and the blueberries are in focus, I would crop the left a little more, but that's just me and it's still a decent shot as is.

I like it, actually... I like the framing.

I played with it a bit, just for fun.

I sharpened the blueberries (just the berries, not the basket) gave em a smidge of saturation and brightness, and I also gave the tomatoes just a smidge of "oomph" as well.

I blurred the background a little and I blurred the foreground a lot (didn't like the detail in the tablecloth).

I am not sure mine is any better, but it was just a bit of fun. Nice shot.

PP.jpg

I like it, actually... I like the framing.

I played with it a bit, just for fun.

I sharpened the blueberries (just the berries, not the basket) gave em a smidge of saturation and brightness, and I also gave the tomatoes just a smidge of "oomph" as well.

I blurred the background a little and I blurred the foreground a lot (didn't like the detail in the tablecloth).

I am not sure mine is any better, but it was just a bit of fun. Nice shot.

PP.jpg

I really like the blurring of the background, takes the whole people thing right out of the conversation. I also like the sharpening on the berries. I don't mind the tablecloth only because I was at a farmer's market and it adds to the authenticity. It's good to hear that I have at least framed the picture in a way that most know what I was trying to do. As a beginner I am having the most trouble with getting the exposure right. especially at a place like this market, where some stuff was under the shade and other things were in some strong sunlight. I am still playing with ap and shutter speed, trying to get stuff I like. I got a long way to go.

Thanks for the help and if there is anything you can share with me, bring it on!

Ok Marcus, here is my attempt at producing what you were talking about. Cropped more of the left out and blur the background to try and take the people out. What ya think?

PPfavFarmer2.jpg

All due respect to Marcus, I like the way you had it cropped originally better... :)

All due respect to Marcus, I like the way you had it cropped originally better... :)

Oh me too! But with that said I also like to take what someone else is telling they like and try to produce that. Sometimes its not what I like, but what my clients/wife/family/dog/boss likes. It's good practice for me to try and produce what someone else wants.....

But thanks for backing up my original :)

Most reactions

Back