Ok, give me some tips on what I need to buy.

DRAGNFRAME

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have started a couple of threads and have been reading alot of other ones , but since this is all new to me I thought maybe I should just step back and let some of you guys point me in the direction I need to head in. My wife take some pictuers of our 2yr old son to hang around the house. She does not take pics to make money or anything like that. I want to be able to ge her some better stuff to take even better pics. She has a t2i a yn468 flash and a tripod with a shoot through umbrella. What else would you recommend I pick up for her to help her take the next step. Again sorry for being so newbie here but this is really her hobby Iam just trying to get her some christmas gifts that she can use. Thanks for the help.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lipoly, She does like to take portraits and mike_e walked me though some light ideas. I pickd up a flashpoint mono light, another umbrella,and a reflector. So hopefully she will get some pratice with her flash and light and then maybe jump to one of those type kits you posted. Iam curious how how those lights will work for you, seem pretty decent from the reviews.If you happen to pick up a set let me know what you think of them. Any other ideas feel free to shoot them my way always enjoy learning about new products and ideas. Thanks

It would help to know what lenses she owns.

Look @

Canon 28mm f1.8
Canon 35mm f2
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 85mm f1.8
Canon 100mm f2
Canon 100mm f2.8

These are all great portrait lenses!

Gw, I will try and look and see what she has in her bag. I dont know what she has off the top of my head.

Here are two of the lenses she has, and she has one more that says 18-55mm.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
Ha, I was but dont have one at this time, but once a minitrucker always a minitrucker! lol

I would try to find a wide lens that is quite a bit better than the 18-55.

Either would be great as long as it fits the budget---

Amazon.com: Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: CANON: Electronics

mazon.com: Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: Electronics

If you want to look for something purely for portraiture look at:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-85mm-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00007GQLU/ref=pd_sim_e_3

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-35mm-Wi...&qid=1355693954&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+35mm+f2

Based on the needs stated if I had to choose one for her I would take a stab at the 85mm f1.8.

Good Luck

-GW

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gw,Thanks. The nice part is her bday is in a month after christmas. I picked up a reflactor,flashpoint monolight,convertable umbrella,so she will have to umbrellas,two lights, so I will look into getting her a lens also. Thanks for the tips any more feel free to shoot them my way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back