Ok, give me the works!

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the same girl as in the "Hollywood Bridal" thread. She's a newscaster in San Diego, so obviously I'm kinda nervous. I honestly have no idea why she chose me. Probably the lower price point in the Dallas Area. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive either. I really want your honest to God opinions.
Thanks!
Cindy

Ballontoni-Bridal-13.jpg

Ballontoni-Bridal-Colo10.jpg

Ballontoni-Bridal-Colo12.jpg

Ballontoni-Bridal-Color0001.jpg

Ballontoni-Bridal-Color0002.jpg

Ballontoni-Bridal-Color07.jpg

Another great set and another great smile. Not another dentist I hope.

core_17 said:
I hope you know, I'm in awe of your work. :)

I LOVE you Cory!!!! You've ALWAYS been there for me and a ton of other people. You made a tremendous impression early on. You were so kind when I was taking crappy photos of dead ivy on the side of my house. I'll never forget it. You are everyone's cheerleader (the Paula Abdual of the forum), and you are one of the first to inspire me to reach further. Saying what you said means the world to me.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Much Love,
Cindy

fredcwdoc said:
Another great set and another great smile. Not another dentist I hope.

Nope, not a Dentist. This one is a newscaster. That's why I am so nervous. It wasn't a great shooting day. The sun was horrid, I forgot how to set the high speed synch, and it was windy as all get out. Normally I can walk away with about 50 safe bridals. On this one the net was only 26 and I am soooooo bummed because she is just the coolest person on the planet and she really believes in me. I wanted to Wow her.

I like 1-4, they are well done..you do some great work.

I really like #2, great capture of emotion.

#4 has a great feel to it, sort of reminds me of something out of Hollywood, long before I was born...it has a timeless quality. It doesn't have that static feel that portraits often have...it feels more like a PJ/candid...but with the great light/setup of a portrait. Great shot. #5 is similar but doesn't quite have (for me) the same impact as #4.

#1 and #6 just are not doing it for me...the expression is just throwing me off.

#3 is very pretty...I like the mood you created. Did you add any softness or diffuse glow here?

That's why I am so nervous

I don't think I would worry to much. You work is really good. I've only been a forum member for a short time and your work has just gotten better and better.

Hi Mike, thank you! I don't care much for #6 either, but I like the color in the first. Again, I might be a little heavy handed with the sat.
I added a highlight and glow to actually almost all of them. She had seen a photo I did that I used that in and really liked it, so I repeated it for her.

fredcwdoc said:
That's why I am so nervous

I don't think I would worry to much. You work is really good. I've only been a forum member for a short time and your work has just gotten better and better.

Thank you Fredwdoc! I've been working my butt off (14+ hour days) and I'm REALLY trying. I just fall in love with these people and I know how important it is to them. I might fall short a lot of the time, but I try very hard all of the time.

Thank you so much Mighy LeeMoon! Show your work! I post here to learn. This is a great sounding board.
Many Hugs,
Cindy

I think it's obvious how much work you put into these, Cindy, and that's why your clients are probably very happy when they see your work. :)

I like the way you are always trying different poses, and so many of them are spot-on. #4 and 5 are really great. #5 being my fave. :thumbup: Very dramatic.

In #3....I'm not wild about the green in the open window over her head. I wonder how it would look to crop it out, right there at her headpiece, so the viewer looks straight into her eyes and great smile, and can't be distracted. What do you think?

Sometimes there's a mite too much PS work for me, but you can usually pull it off. :razz: Just personal preference.

I actually like #6 - she's good looking enough to get away with the pose, and it looks un-touched and natural - nice shot. :D

Most reactions

Back