OK I Finally Got The Nerve.....C&C

I know that you asked for technical C&C, but bigtwinky covered that nicely and I don't have much to add there. Compositionally, I agree with the comments about the arm. I'd add that you could have moved in a bit to eliminate some the space above his head and to the left of his head. I like the space to the right, though.

Without moving in, you could of tilted the camera down somewhat.

I like shooting people from a slightly higher vantage point. When they look up at the camera, they kind of stretch their neck a bit and it slims the face. Not too high, but just a bit higher can help. :)

On this vein of thought (Big Twinkey is right) it also has the advantage of making the subject look up slightly (with their eyes), this means that the eyes then have the whites showing at the bottom, making them look bigger (in an attractive way)

Thanks again everyone for all your tips.

Lens was to close to his head creating some looming in his lower face, see how it looks large in proportion to the rest of his head and arm.
The background is messy with where his arm is positioned.
All in all not a bad portrait. Lighting looks good, you caught his personality, focus looks good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back