Ok, let me explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont have to defend everything. Just let it go.

I agree with what you said but same goes with you. Be more humble and you will go a long way.

Be more humble? How do I come across?

LOL...I know.
But when it gets to the point of me getting critiqued on the QUESTIONS I ask... its like WOW really? I can't ask questions? I've only been doing photography for 9 months. I'm not an "experienced pro" as most of you claim to be, and don't really know anything about running a biz. But I shouldn't be asking certain questions? I can't ask for business advice? I shouldn't be posting in the beginners forum? Really? :x

This is the first thing i wrote in one of your threads
"It's the worst idea you have come up with this is something you never do, do you want to sell photos if so they will have to be perfect sooc"
What is wrong with that ?

This was the second thing i wrote in same thread
"If you shoot on a white background you are going to have to light it perfectly or it will look muddy and grey"

This was your first reply
"Just please... shut up. NOTHING is perfect SOOC.
YES you want to shoot the best you possibly can sooc, but there is always cropping and composition adjusting, dodging and burning, cloning/cropping out distractions, blemish fixing, skin smoothing and TONS of other things (and creative things) to perform that a camera can not do! OK?? So get over yourself. So if your photos are absolutely perfect SOOC... why do you have photoshop and/or lightroom??"

I saw that...

Shortly after I read her response above is when I clicked out of the thread thinking to myself "It's going to be another one of *these*, huh?" and I've never checked back.

I admit... When I want to say something harsh, I just wait for Gary to post it for me.

:lol:

Argh... it's things like this that made me leave the forum in the first place many months ago.

I know I only joined a few days ago but one of the first posts I asked was how were people b/c I've been apart of other forums that had some bad mean seeds and I left and I already ask myself in my few days I've been apart of this one that are bad mean seeds apart of every forum? A lot of the threads I've read have some type of "snarky" comment in it. :(

I was just looking for a nice place to get to know some folks and learn which I assume is why a lot of people are here. Sad aint it?

"It's the worst idea you have come up with this is something you never do, do you want to sell photos if so they will have to be perfect sooc"

"If you shoot on a white background you are going to have to light it perfectly or it will look muddy and grey"

YES you want to shoot the best you possibly can sooc, but there is always cropping and composition adjusting, dodging and burning, cloning/cropping out distractions, blemish fixing, skin smoothing and TONS of other things (and creative things) to perform that a camera can not do! OK?? So get over yourself. So if your photos are absolutely perfect SOOC... why do you have photoshop and/or lightroom??"

Gary...don't play victim here. You know how you are towards me... in almost ALL of my other threads.

EVERYONE is even pointing it out here....

Argh... it's things like this that made me leave the forum in the first place many months ago.

I know I only joined a few days ago but one of the first posts I asked was how were people b/c I've been apart of other forums that had some bad mean seeds and I left and I already ask myself in my few days I've been apart of this one that are bad mean seeds apart of every forum? A lot of the threads I've read have some type of "snarky" comment in it. :(

I was just looking for a nice place to get to know some folks and learn which I assume is why a lot of people are here. Sad aint it?

The WORLD is full of bad seeds and you think there's a place on the interwebs completely free of sarcasm and snark? ::raises eyebrow::

You need a tougher skin if you find yourself continually "having" to leave forums due to "bad seeds".

There are TONS of helpful people here, and if you're already feeling like you've been beaten down, then I'm guess you're just put off by C&C. I dunno. I'm just guessing, I don't think I've ever read one of your threads, so I don't know what kinds of things your posting... but that seems to be the trends amongst new people to the forum. The ones that are put off within a couple of days just got honest advice, answers, and C&C that they just didn't like and therefore labeled "rude". :er:

The WORLD is full of bad seeds and you think there's a place on the interwebs completely free of sarcasm and snark? ::raises eyebrow::

You need a tougher skin if you find yourself continually "having" to leave forums due to "bad seeds".

There are TONS of helpful people here, and if you're already feeling like you've been beaten down, then I'm guess you're just put off by C&C. I dunno. I'm just guessing, I don't think I've ever read one of your threads, so I don't know what kinds of things your posting... but that seems to be the trends amongst new people to the forum. The ones that are put off within a couple of days just got honest advice, answers, and C&C that they just didn't like and therefore labeled "rude". :er;

^^ That!

Gary...don't play victim here. You know how you are towards me... in almost ALL of my other threads.

EVERYONE is even pointing it out here....

I couldn't care less, people can slag me off as much as they want but next day i'm still friends with them i don't take it to heart and can laugh it off :hug::

I agree with what you said but same goes with you. Be more humble and you will go a long way.

Be more humble? How do I come across?

I am not trying to be a d!ck, but yes very defensive, snotty and like you know it all. You dont take critism very well at all, sometimes I wonder why you ask. Sorry dont post much but your attitude rather annoys me. However I looked at your website your photos are nice, not world class but your on the right track so just chill out and take the advice like a mature adult. Rememeber you are the one asking for advice, comments and critique. And also remember again you asked How do I come across? I am just being honest. Sometimes (actually more and more with each post) when reading your post I wonder how old you are because the way you react and almost pick at comments and turn them into something rude where something rude wasnt implied (ex- gsgary's first post in your SOOC thread was no reason to act in the manor you did) reminds me of some of these 15 and 16 year old (you know, the ones who think they are the greastest because their 15-16 year old friends say they are) when they hear the truth from photographers who are actually really good they cant handle it and throw a poor me pitty party everyone is picking on me when in fact the majority of the time YOU are the one who is taking things wrong and turning yuor own thread into a gong show. If you know eveyrthing or you are so good (which is what I assume you think because any advice you get that you disagree with you throw a child like tantrum) why are you posting in the begginers section let alone at all?!:er:

There are TONS of helpful people here, and if you're already feeling like you've been beaten down, then I'm guess you're just put off by C&C. I dunno. I'm just guessing, I don't think I've ever read one of your threads, so I don't know what kinds of things your posting... but that seems to be the trends amongst new people to the forum. The ones that are put off within a couple of days just got honest advice, answers, and C&C that they just didn't like and therefore labeled "rude". :er:

You are very right in what you said and in all honesty I had only been apart of one other forum. An Aussie Cattle Dog Forum that a few "snarky" people scared off all the newbies and it was constant fighting so I just left. I've only posted a few threads. I think 3 lol. 2 C/C which doesn't bother me. I know I'm new I know I have a lot of room to grow. As I said in one "I am one determine S O B!I will learn and get better" I can def see there are a lot of people I can learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back