Ok, let me explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself, but its just bothering me that many of you on here think or assume I dont appreciate advice, or can take constructive criticism. That is not true at all. I wouldn't grow as a photographer if I didn't take advice. I just don't appreciate the APPROACH most of you give it to...to myself, and to others on here. I don't know what it is about this forum, but it seems like most of you are in some kind of contest on who can give the most sarcastic, condesending, "asshole" response to someone's question or CC. I dont know why many of you do this. Maybe you do it to get some laughs, "likes" or maybe you need to feel better about yourselves, I don't know. Whatever it is.. its just not cool. You know what you are doing and why you do it. I know im valid in this argument because I get about 2-3 pms every time I log on here from someone either scared to stand up, or someone applauding me for standing up against the people who aren't *really* here to help.(if you know what I mean) I even get pms from people apologizing for their "asshole" behavior...............

Anyways you can give constructive critism without being purposely and intentionally destructive and rude. Treat those how you wanna be treated. No you shouldnt sugar coat ANYTHING and you should tell it like it is but just remember.. we are all humans behind that screen name. Nobody wants to get nasty, snide, sarcastic remarks about their efforts. You can give a constructive response without doing that. I mean how do you expect someone to look past that? I consider getting good advice and constructive critiques about my flaws like getting a piece of cake. But if you give someone a piece of cake and spit in it first, don't expect someone to eat it or look past you spitting in it.

Argh... it's things like this that made me leave the forum in the first place many months ago.

I agree with what you said but same goes with you. Be more humble and you will go a long way.

shall I pull the sh!t gary said to me a while back? :D

As someone who spends a bit of time on this board, I don't remember any exceptionally snide, sarcastic, or @$$hole remarks. Could you pls indicate some of those responses you feel to be innapropriate? Did you report them to the moderating staff?

I'd take it as a compliment that ppl 'critique' ur pics... Even if it does seem harsh. It means someone took the time to take a look... Could have easily skipped ur pics and said nothing, but decided to stop and write something anyway...

Chin up, girl:)

I'd take it as a compliment that ppl 'critique' ur pics... Even if it does seem harsh. It means someone took the time to take a look... Could have easily skipped ur pics and said nothing, but decided to stop and write something anyway...

Chin up, girl:)

Thats what i will be doing from no on

Argh... it's things like this that made me leave the forum in the first place many months ago.

funny you say that...i came back today after a few months of leaving this place, and the first thread i read was a dramatic $hitshow....so i feel your frustration BT.

Yeah.. I missed the day I got grilled all the time. Now my posts barely get any hits :(. I guess my stuff isnt bad enough nor amazing enough.

funny you say that...i came back today after a few months of leaving this place, and the first thread i read was a dramatic $hitshow....so i feel your frustration BT.

YOU CAN'T LEAVE AGAIN EITHER!!!!! :grumpy:

I know right? So you too agree with me? :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back