I will force myself to get my tripod out. I have no idea why that thing intimidates me.
Danielle
Take some petals from the flowers and wrap them around the tripod...
I am not very steady, so I carry the tripod whereever I go. Tuesday, I carried it with me for 6 hours in NYC. I have carried it up trails, to friends homes, etc... pretty soon, you will not leave to shoot without it.
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice,
practice, practice, ............
***Note***
This is a friendly swat on your behind!!!
You really need to focus a lot more on the use of your camera. Without understanding your camera, you will move along in tiny baby steps and become more frustrated. You have an awesome camera, so it will be worth the time it takes for you to learn it.
Take the camera manual, and hopefully a store bought copy of a manual that goes a little further than Canon's manual.
Read through 1 section at a time and fiddle with the camera as you do.
I sit in my office and do this, shooting photos of whatever is in the room. You will be amazed at your progress over time and develop much more confidence in yourself.
You remind me of people who are timid with their computers. They are afraid they will break it if they hit the wrong button. Break the habit!!!
Good luck and keep at it.