Okay, I need some help guys.

Verbal said:
I was pretty busy today and didn't get much done, unfortunately. I'm sorry this is taking so long!

I focused a lot on her eyes today, and a bit more on the mouth... Samantha is slowly but surely appearing! I zoomed this picture in a bit to get more detail (I don't want to post the full 3000x3000 image! lol)... let me know what you guys think so far!

http://such-a-dreamer.deviantart.com/

:hail: :hail:
Jon, if that is what taking your time creates then by all means - TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! :mrgreen:
This is awesome!

Meysha said:
WOW!!! She looks 3D!!! that is amazing Jon.

And you're so right liz... she does look very mona-lisa-esque! Gorgeous eyes and very cute dimples! you must be the proudest mummy ever! :mrgreen:

Yup - and she LOVES to pose for the camera! They never have to tell her how to sit during school photos. She's done the "sit, twist, tilt your head" thing so much she's got it down pat!!!

Update'd! Liz, I'm sorry, but I'm not good enough to do the knit sweater she's wearing! lol =\ So I'll either make it a normal sweatshirt, or fade it at the color... not sure which yet. Let me know if you have a preference!

I'll be starting on the hair soon

icondigital said:
looks good jon! :sun:

you are the first artist i've seen that draws one section at a time.
dont you feel the need to sketch it all in first before you get to the detail?:confused:

Nope! I hate watching pictures progress like that, adding levels of detail... I prefer to work on one area and see it pretty much done, then move on to another. =)

Verbal said:
Update'd! Liz, I'm sorry, but I'm not good enough to do the knit sweater she's wearing! lol =\ So I'll either make it a normal sweatshirt, or fade it at the color... not sure which yet. Let me know if you have a preference!

I'll be starting on the hair soon

http://imageshack.us/

Its looking great! No worries on the knit texture. Whatever you think works best.

Thanks for posting the update! My husband was practically speechless already at how good it looked. He's really gonna freak now! Hey, don't forget to sign this thing too when you're done.

Thanks again,
Liz

I don't think I've posted in this thread at all...but it's because I've been busy drooling each time I'm here :drool:
These are fantastic! And as everyone has already said, this is a super talent you have. I'm glad you're willing to share with us!

Thanks Woodsac. =)

And John, your portrait is up next... I really hope to get a chance to start on it today. And forgive me if it doesn't quite look right, but I'm going to try and guess what's behind those bird toys! If I get a good start on it today I'll post a progress picture later on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back