Old Beginner

DanRuch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, Everyone.
My name is Dan. I took my first and only photography course nearly 20 years ago. It was a black and white photography course. My wife had inherited an old Vivitar SLR. I had no idea how to use it. It was just gathering dust in the closet. I really enjoyed the class. I've been through a few cameras. My first DSLR was a Pentax K100d which became my exclusive camera from 2006 until this summer when I traded it for a Pentax K-7. I'm eager to improve my eye so that having a better camera makes more sense. I feel like my first order of business might be to find a better way to organize my photos. I currently use Photos on my 2011 laptop. That's also the software I use to "edit" the photos I've taken. I'd like to find a way to easily share the pictures to this site to get feedback and hopefully improve.

I'm glad to be here. Take care,

Dan

Another Pentax user!!! Welcome Dan unfortunately we Pentaxians are in the minority here, so seeing another join is a big deal. LOL Anxious to see some of your work.

Welcome to TPF! We're happy to have you join us. I hope you check out the Photo Galleries and share some of your work. Have fun!

Welcome Dan! This is a great place to seek advice, etc... many people here have helped me a lot.

Another Pentax user!!! Welcome Dan unfortunately we Pentaxians are in the minority here, so seeing another join is a big deal. LOL Anxious to see some of your work.

I”m glad to be here. My former uncle recommended it. I”m still trying to get the feel of the place. I want to use the right etiquette. Should I create a gallery first, then post a picture from there? should I create a new thread?

I thought long and hard before getting the Pentax. I liked the idea of how interchangeable the lenses were. I had been using Nikon and Vivitar and Minolta film cameras before my first digital. Actually, my first digital camera was a Canon point and shoot I’d bought in 2004. Thanks for your welcome!

Should I create a gallery first, then post a picture from there? should I create a new thread?

You can but it's easier to just post up in an appropriate thread. If you have a Flickr account it's easy to embed a link in your post to the image

Most reactions

Back