Old, manual lenses...anyone else still play around with them?

I have the 28mm f2.8 ais and 135mm f2 ais. I like them both very much.

135mm f2 ais
21959264135_cc8a93e993_b.jpg

135mm f2 ais
20178247574_04d33a9968_b.jpg

28mm f2.8 ais
16790157914_ebddda3d0a_b.jpg

28mm f2.8 ais
17131519768_eed40a304c_b.jpg

So you have never taken a shot of an Osprey snagging a bluefish, or a surfer on a wave, if you had you would know what Continuous autofocus is for.
surfing2.jpg

Congrats!

You shoot things where continuous AF is beneficial to you!

Again, congrats!

P.S.

I know when each AF mode is beneficial to me. I also own a few AF lenses.

135mm f2 ais

135mm f2 ais

28mm f2.8 ais

28mm f2.8 ais

So you have never taken a shot of an Osprey snagging a bluefish, or a surfer on a wave, if you had you would know what Continuous autofocus is for.
surfing2.jpg

Congrats!

Again, congrats!

That is not what matters, as I can shoot all of my autos in manual if I choose, however when a manual sees a fast moving subject, the shot is lost, and never returns.

135mm f2 ais

135mm f2 ais

28mm f2.8 ais

28mm f2.8 ais

surfing2.jpg

Disagreeing with these images, just shows that you can not take them with a manual lens
jay_moriarity_150ppi_.jpg

Disagreeing with these images, just shows that you can not take them with a manual lens

Dies_Laughing_emoticon.gif

So......... how have millions of photographers managed to take action shots when they have lived before the advent of autofocus?

Just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean no one else can.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Again, congrats!

P.S.

I know when each AF mode is beneficial to me. I also own a few AF lenses.

Actually, the surfing images aren't his to post.

http://surf.co.nz/media/uploads/2010/12/jay_moriarity_150ppi_.jpg

http://odyseasurf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/surfing2.jpg
Actually I never said that they were my images, they are however free for all on Google. high resolution surfing images - Google Search I used them because they demonstrate what high speed autofocus is used for. I could easily have used this one, which is mine Got It

Actually I never said that they were my images, they are however free for all on Google. high resolution surfing images - Google Search I used them because they demonstrate what high speed autofocus is used for. I could easily have used this one, which is mine Got It

Sorry. My mistake. I forgot I was responding to the forums' newest troll who has forgotten far more about photography than everyone else here combined will ever know.

Carry on.

Dies_Laughing_emoticon.gif

So......... how have millions of photographers managed to take action shots when they have lived before the advent of autofocus?

Just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean no one else can.
They did not take shots like those surfing pictures, it is that simple. If I am wrong show me that shot taken in 1960, as people surfed then as well.......

Sorry. My mistake. I forgot I was responding to the forums' newest troll who has forgotten far more about photography than everyone else here combined will ever know.

Carry on.
Coming from the character that can not even find a photo to use for his avatar.......

PS. If you need help making a 200 by 200 avatar, I can assist.

PS. If you need help making a 200 by 200 avatar, I can assist.

No thanks. I don't need your help. No one here does.

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good forum.

Not only did Grannis manage the impossible, he did it *far better* than Auslese, too.

How do we know? Auslese hasn't posted any of his own images. He seems more obsessed with trolling the forum debating minor points about technology and my lack of using a photo as an avatar than showing us his own work (as opposed to using a Google search to find images to post to bolster his viewpoint).

Not only did Grannis manage the impossible, he did it *far better* than Auslese, too.

How do we know? Auslese hasn't posted any of his own images. He seems more obsessed with trolling the forum debating minor points about technology and my lack of using a photo as an avatar than showing us his own work (as opposed to using a Google search to find images to post to bolster his viewpoint).

I get the feeling he won't be a round for long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back