What's new

Old Melbourne Gaol shots

ericardo79

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Location
Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to visit the Old Melbourne Gaol and took some shots in there. Its so cram and looks very scary. It was quite dark so I decided to take HDR shots in there.

Any thoughts?


$Untitled_HDR3.webp
 
I would also clone out that "exit" sign. It keeps drawing my eye away from all the old, massive construction.
 
Haha. thanks guys. Maybe i should leave the Exit sign there. Its like an Exit for jailmates back then!
 
I love the lines in this shot and the neutral colors. I do agree that it seems somewhat slanted.

Good job!
 
Thanks! I guess its time to buy a new tripod rather than the AUD$40 one which I had since day one!
 
Ya that EXIT sign is really the main focus. The idea of a jail with an EXIT is pretty hillarious. While the place may have had dingy lighting, using long exposures have brought out the color and brightness. Unfortunately you didnt take enough underexposures to cover the highlights in the scene like the door at the far end or the light bulb near us. There is a huge dynamic range between the light sources and the rest of the scene. I dont know how many shots you took for the HDR but you didnt nearly cover the bright end.
 
Thanks Bynx. Good thought. I only took 3 shots. Probably thats why the end of the walkway is over exposed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom