What's new

Old Time Texas

DeltaNate

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Hood, Texas
I am new to this site so I wanted to post one of my pictures to see what everyone thinks. I am new to the DSLR world but have been fascinated with the camera world. Dont hold back and tell me what you think. I plan on putting more up soon. I like everything from still to people. thanks everyone for looking.


$473109_10150779012510140_1092259726_o.webp
 
That is a good story, told in good colors :D

Welcome to TPF :D

Colors look like that of a jeans and its leather patch ;)
 
I like the color contrast (almost complementary colors) and the different metal textures. Generally, though, if you're going to clip off part of a person or object, do it like you mean it, i.e., crop off more than a little. Most of the time, cropping a corner or two by just a little bit leaves the viewer with the feeling that they want to see that little bit that is missing, but if you crop more than that, the viewer accepts that they are being shown only part of an object for a reason. Not a rule (there are no rules in photography!), but just a rough rule of thumb which I think applies here. You could crop this on the right just a little bit into the "6", with the broken edge at the top still showing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom