Oldsmobile 442

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They said that this car is what started muscle cars.....who knows but its a fully restored Oldsmobile 442. This paint job was like glass.

442cropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I would try and crop as much stuff out as possible. The background stuff is a little distracting to me, but the car really does pop that's for sure.

Yeah I hear ya... these car shots I have happen to be at a hot rod restoration shop and the shop use to be an old bread factory. So the backgrounds and surroundings are not the best.

Yeah that car would be awesome to shoot outside in the shade of an old rustic building. I love the look of the car, but as with most old cars I hate the way the wheels set up so far into the fenders. LOL

yeah they need some deep dish wheels bad. give it more of a muscle look but this is all original....

Nice shot. It brings back memories ;)

That's a '72 model, I think. The original 442 was in 1968 and "442" stood for 4 barrel, 4-speed, dual exhaust. A friend of mine had a '68 model and I had a '72 years ago.

It wasn't the first muscle car though. That title would probably go the Chevelle since they were made in '65 at least and maybe '64. The Pontiac GTO started in '65 or '66

Yeah Not sure on the history I had read somewhere that there was debate about it being the first...but heck I have no idea.....glad you like the picture 8)

What history? I was there ;)

I was 18 in 1969 and had a '64 MGB. I traded that for a '67 GTO, and then traded that for a '68 Z28 Camaro. Then a '71 Road Runner and '72 442. If I had them all back I could easily sell them and retire ;)

Sorry to me its history I was not born until 1975....:hug:: I am still a young blood:sexywink:

At least you know about this car I just took a picture.

Sorry to me its history I was not born until 1975....:hug:: I am still a young blood:sexywink:

At least you know about this car I just took a picture.
Actually I guess I don't know as much as I thought I did. I was just looking around on Google and I was wrong about the first year of the 442. It was first sold in 1964 so it well could have been the first of the muscle cars. I sure didn't remember it going back that far but apparently it did. Sorry about the misinformation.

I also looked at a few photos of them and it appears that the one you photographed is a 1970 model. The body style changed that year for all of the GM cars and that was the only year they put "442" on the hood section in the middle of the grille.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back