Olympus Pen EES

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just found this old camera while visiting with my mom. Apparently my dad bought it in Japan while stationed there during the Viet-Nam war. I did some research on it today, and it seems to be a very good little camera. It shoots any 35mm film, but 2 photos per 1 negative. Each shot is 1/2 the size of the full negative. It's has a fast little 2.8 Zuiko lens.

I'm curious if any of you have run into this camera before, and if so, I was wondering about filters for it. According to the manual, which I found online, there are screw in filters available, but it doesn't say what size. If anyone knows, and knows whether or not I can use any old filter, assuming it's the right size, that'd be great. I'd love to get some color filters and shoot b&W with this thing.

Here's the manual: http://members.cox.net/minolta16/pen/

I'm shooting a 24 exposure roll of generic ISO 200 color film that my mom had laying around. I can't wait to see what these turn out like. I have to take 48 shots though to finish the roll :p What a neat little camera.

I'd be interested to hear if someone has used one of these before.

I have a Olympus Pen F half-frame camera. I don't know much about accessories, but I sure do like the camera.

There are half-frame photo clubs on the 'net and local clubs around the country from what I have read on the subject.

They seem to have quite a following. Enjoy the camera. :D

Thanks for your replies :) I love the feel of this camera so far. It seems like a really nice camera. It's so tiny. I hope at least one of my shots turns out ok. I'll take a look for for some half frame photo clubs :)

Thanks again. [/list][/code]

Pen EES was made around 1962, as you know is a 1/2 frame camera with a nifty, sharp and fast 30mm/2.8 lens. Quite a miracle, being an SLR, how they were able to make it so compact, without the bulging prism cover, due to the porro prism used.

As for filters:

The camera uses 22.5 filters over the lens or 43.5mm filters over the lens and meter. I'm sure you'll find a few adapters out there.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back