OMG got logged back in : ) some C&C please

I mean no the bumps aren't needed but they are when you ask for C&C and out of 46 views no one leaves a comment.

They look like snapshots.

Who exactly called them snapshots?
Quit pointing fingers at me.

Snapshots should tell you a lot, though. If you understand the difference.

Yeah But then you had to quote him and you do say snapshots to me alot. Could you at least explain how they are snapshots because when you guys tell me to get low or go from different angles I did that obviously in the car picture but yet it's still a snapshot? and I don't have equipment I have my camera so I'm trying to look for more interesting subjects in my area, but yet to fina any. uggghhh so fustrating! sorry for flipping it's just agravating to here snapshots so often.

4422144813_2cb36e53da.jpg

Yeah But then you had to quote him and you do say snapshots to me alot. Could you at least explain how they are snapshots because when you guys tell me to get low or go from different angles I did that obviously in the car picture but yet it's still a snapshot? and I don't have equipment I have my camera so I'm trying to look for more interesting subjects in my area, but yet to fina any. uggghhh so fustrating! sorry for flipping it's just agravating to here snapshots so often.

Since you brought up the car photo. What makes this a "snapshot" is the fact that no real thought was taken in setting up the photograph. The tires are dirty, the back ground is distracting/boring, etc. Taking a lower angle does not make it automatically a "photograph". It looks as though you grabbed your camera, walked out your front door, and took this... snapshot. To make it a "photograph" Clean the car, goto an interesting location, get your lighting setup properly, compose the shot, etc.

p!nK

I guess for snapshots they look ok. I am not sure sure about the composition as Gaerek said needs some work. Remember the rules of thirds, rules of diagonals.

Since you brought up the car photo. What makes this a "snapshot" is the fact that no real thought was taken in setting up the photograph. The tires are dirty, the back ground is distracting/boring, etc. Taking a lower angle does not make it automatically a "photograph". It looks as though you grabbed your camera, walked out your front door, and took this... snapshot. To make it a "photograph" Clean the car, goto an interesting location, get your lighting setup properly, compose the shot, etc.

p!nK

Well I will do that, but as far as lighting goes I'm all natural for right now. Also to the people who said Bitter has tried to give me help lies because I just took the time to look and see from all my threads and from the very beggining he has bashed my photos.

I mean no the bumps aren't needed but they are when you ask for C&C and out of 46 views no one leaves a comment.

They look like snapshots.

They definately don't look like snapshots I really really don't like you.

If you're going to be mad at someone, don't take it out on Bitter. I'm the one who called them snapshots. Do you know why I called them snapshots? I'll give you a minute to think about it.

It's because they are snapshots. There is nothing interesting about ANY of the shots really. The third one was mildly interesting, but if you took away the selective coloring, there really isn't much redeeming about it. The mess one, well, I'm sorry that there was a fire. I'm very sorry people died. Unfortunately, the shots did not convey that AT ALL. All I saw was a messy photo that had WAY too much going on that didn't tell any kind of story. You say it was part of a fire? There isn't anything at all that tells that kind of a story. The picture of the truck is boring. There was no effort put into it at all. The truck is dirty, the background is distracting. Do you want me to go on? Yet another photo of a dogs head? How many of those must we endure here?

No one is trying to be mean. People are trying to help you. Now you're getting mad at us? I won't ignore you, but I know for a fact I will not be helping you again. Here's a tip, if you want C&C (short for comments & CRITIQUE) then be an adult, swallow your pride and actually listen to what people are saying. You think I'm being rude now maybe? It's because people like you who can't seem to take any type of negative critique really piss me off. It shouldn't, because it's only hurting you. I guess I don't like it when people intentionally work to make themselves bad photographers.

One more tip, read the link to the C&C post in my sig. It might give you a much better idea on how to respond to people who are trying to make you a better photographer.

Well I will do that, but as far as lighting goes I'm all natural for right now. Also to the people who said Bitter has tried to give me help lies because I just took the time to look and see from all my threads and from the very beggining he has bashed my photos.

Err, I just had to comment here. Was he bashing your photos? Or was he giving honest, direct critique? I'm not going to take the time to look because it really doesn't matter to me, but why don't you post a selection of his "bashing" for us to see.

Err, I just had to comment here. Was he bashing your photos? Or was he giving honest, direct critique? I'm not going to take the time to look because it really doesn't matter to me, but why don't you post a selection of his "bashing" for us to see.
Ok will do and it's not that I'm not trying to understand but people don't understand that tellign "it's a snapshot" is not sufficient critique. "IT'S A SNAPSHOT" makes me so mad cause there is no explanation. I geuss for now on I will no longer post a pic for C&C unless I think it is almost dyer improvemnet.

Good Lords the lot of you just grow up!

"It's a snapshot" well to me that still tells me little save that the viewer disliked the image, but was unable/unwilling to expand further into the describing why they disliked the image. I try not to state or ever feel that an image has no planning because we only ever see the end resulting image - unless the photographer talks about their inspiration and setup etc.... we cannot assume that anything is more than a snapshot or the result of a lot of thought.

If you tell me something is snapshot I have nothing to walkaway or build from at all save that you don't like it. I, nor anyone else can read more into it than that. Further more its use (esp in this thread) is highly dismissive. If you do not wish to comment simply do not - to post is simply to start to act hostile/antagonise.

I'm new to photos - a little paticence will help - forget how many views and wait and see what you got. Half a day to a day at least before considering to bump (and I only say half a day in the beginners section because of the pace of new threads).

ok

Let me just say my apologizes to everyone!

I just need to stop being a ***** and grow up though I'm only 17 I feel like I know what I'm doing but in reality I don't. I looked in a previous post and saw someone who said "I know how he feels, he got his camera and is excited so he is trying to take pictures of anything and everything." That is honestly how I feel it's probably just because I'm impatient and want to be as good as people like Bitter, but I'm just not taking my time and thinking through. I think for now on I'm only going to post when I think I've made an epic improvment, except for fight club. I feel like it helps the creativity.

P.S. I get pissy when I see "snapshot" and I geuss I shouldn't be asking for C&c, but help instead.

SNAPaPHOTO I'm coming to myrtle beach june 5-12 for senior week and I know from experience the good night life there! I'm hoping to make a real pull through with my photos when I'm there.

well im still posting more in this case they all might be snapshots but bitterjewler your last few posts is what i was looking for a rekd dont just tell me their bland i need to know more than that remember guys this is my 2nd day of shooting with my first camera ever
thats cool but when I made the comment about the background you poo pooed it
if thats how you meant it to be and you like it so be it also google up some rules of composition to use as a guide (not hard fast rules) 2 things make for a good image composition and technical control of exposure and focus thats more like three things though
From this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/187921-more-today.html

Actually, I reccomend everyone have a read through of his threads from the begining.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3006226
You'll see the pattern. You'll see the problem. You'll see him get repeatedly pissy with negative honest feedback from just about everyone. You won't see the deleted thread that got him banned, for exactly the same behaviour he is exhibiting here. youwill nearly everyone become frustrated saying the same things time and again.

So, "New", post up all the examples of how rude I was too you. Make sure you post all examples of how I helped too.

I suggest you go back through and read every post in every thread you have made, and go think about your actions for a while. Read them, and try to figure out why people react to you, the way that they do.

Good Lords the lot of you just grow up!

"It's a snapshot" well to me that still tells me little save that the viewer disliked the image, but was unable/unwilling to expand further into the describing why they disliked the image. I try not to state or ever feel that an image has no planning because we only ever see the end resulting image - unless the photographer talks about their inspiration and setup etc.... we cannot assume that anything is more than a snapshot or the result of a lot of thought.

If you tell me something is snapshot I have nothing to walkaway or build from at all save that you don't like it. I, nor anyone else can read more into it than that. Further more its use (esp in this thread) is highly dismissive. If you do not wish to comment simply do not - to post is simply to start to act hostile/antagonise.

I typically agree with you with regards to using the snapshot critique. But you said something that I think shows why it still has some value.

If you tell me something is snapshot I have nothing to walkaway or build from at all save that you don't like it.
Sometimes that's enough. Sometimes there's nothing redeeming about a photo. Sometimes there is so much that needs to be done to improve the shot that it's really a waste of time to say anything more, especially considering that I could be using my precious little free time for other things. Everyone needs to start somewhere, for sure. Maybe if he only had one or two shots posted for critique would it be worth giving a comprehensive C&C. Unfortuantely, he had five, and they all needed considerable work. I'm fine with helping people out, but I just don't have the free time to spend giving comprehensive C&C to every photo someone has posted.

I've had the snapshot critique used with me when I was still learning (well, re-learning, anyway), and although more than just "It's a snapshot" would have been more helpful, it did give me a starting point to try and research what could make those shots better. Internet culture is a "me me me" and "right now, right now, right now" culture. Learning photography is something that takes a lifetime, and it requires work on the part of the photographer. Especially when you're starting out, a lot of your work isn't even shooting, it's researching, and looking at photos, and learning things like how to properly expose, and what typically makes a good composition.

"It's a snapshot" is a pretty lazy way of giving critique, but when I only have 10-15 minutes at a time to browse the boards, if there's a nonredeemable shot, (and I know this from experience), it's far less frustrating to hear that your shots are snapshots than to have people ignore them and not post anything at all (your suggestion).

As for the assuming no thought or planning has gone into a shot, I can see what you mean. However, there are always clues as to how much work, or thought has gone into something. A centered, off kilter horizon shows me that this photographer didn't take the couple of seconds it requires to think about what would look good. A shot of a pet from eye level looking down on them shows that they weren't thinking about how interesting the shot will be. I guess I can't say that there wasn't thought put into these types of shots, but there is evidence that supports it.

I never mean to be antagonistic, or anything like that. I post here because I like to help people. I want you to know that I completely respect you Overread, and when I first got here and started posting, you were one of the people I originally noticed as knowing your stuff, and being someone to listen to. It's unfortunate, because I get very passionate about this stuff, when really, I shouldn't.

ok

Let me just say my apologizes to everyone!

I just need to stop being a ***** and grow up though I'm only 17 I feel like I know what I'm doing but in reality I don't. I looked in a previous post and saw someone who said "I know how he feels, he got his camera and is excited so he is trying to take pictures of anything and everything." That is honestly how I feel it's probably just because I'm impatient and want to be as good as people like Bitter, but I'm just not taking my time and thinking through. I think for now on I'm only going to post when I think I've made an epic improvment, except for fight club. I feel like it helps the creativity.

P.S. I get pissy when I see "snapshot" and I geuss I shouldn't be asking for C&c, but help instead.

SNAPaPHOTO I'm coming to myrtle beach june 5-12 for senior week and I know from experience the good night life there! I'm hoping to make a real pull through with my photos when I'm there.

No hard feelings. Allow me to apologize for the snapshot comment. I probably should have given you suggestions, or not posted at all, even if my assessment was technically correct. Go ahead and keep posting pictures. Just a suggestion, you might get more comments if you limit yourself to just one or two shots per post. I tend to stop looking at photos really hard after the first couple, and I know others are like that too.

maybe i should stick to learning from my teacher cause learning from multiple views on the internet isn't that informative, but I have an assignment from hime for a film camera but maybe I should use that as a starting base for my digital camera also?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back