What's new

On the to Grandpaw's Farm...

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
1,291
Reaction score
400
Location
Charleston, SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know why but I had that silly kids song in my head after editing this picture...Looking for some constructive C&C. Thanks!
$IMG_3666.webp
 
Nicely exposed, but to be honest, I don't get much out of it; the pillars and the road for a strong leading line, but they really don't lead to anything. The farm buildings could be interesting, but they're too small in the frame. This would be a great location to shoot cars.
 
The pillars are not too interesting to be honest, and the leading line of the road leads to a house too small to really connect with (pretty much what tirediron said). I disagree that this is well exposed though. It seems like it might have been under exposed initially, recovered to some degree in post, and then over treated with noise reduction. At least that's how it looks to my eyes.
 
Nicely exposed, but to be honest, I don't get much out of it; the pillars and the road for a strong leading line, but they really don't lead to anything. The farm buildings could be interesting, but they're too small in the frame. This would be a great location to shoot cars.

Thanks, after looking at it in post it did seem small to me as well. I took this because of the leading lines and I personally liked the pillars.

The pillars are not too interesting to be honest, and the leading line of the road leads to a house too small to really connect with (pretty much what tirediron said). I disagree that this is well exposed though. It seems like it might have been under exposed initially, recovered to some degree in post, and then over treated with noise reduction. At least that's how it looks to my eyes.

The only thing that I did in post was crop some of the bottom, color saturation, and slight sharpness. The settings I used were; ISO 100, f/11, 30mm, 1/125, AWB, with Evaluate Metering....Now you have me worried with underexposure.
 
If I'm wrong, what's there to worry about? ;)

Are you shooting jpeg or raw? If jpeg, do you have in-camera noise reduction turned on?
I ask because this looks like noise reduction was applied at some point.
 
If I'm wrong, what's there to worry about? ;)

Are you shooting jpeg or raw? If jpeg, do you have in-camera noise reduction turned on?
I ask because this looks like noise reduction was applied at some point.

RAW...it's the only way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom