One Constant I have Noticed

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have not been here long, yet I have noticed a particular theme (of which I am just as guilty) of people who are so excited to get a new camera or lens or piece of photographic equipment.

What would be most exciting for you to have if you could have it tomorrow?

1. camera body
2. lens
3. flash/flash equipment set
4. computer set up for photography
5. software
6. photography library
7. A day with a professional of your choice training you
8. a website/blog
9. a day of photography without interruption
10. A week long trip to your photo-paradise
11. Creativity
12. I am not interested...leave me alone

*I edited this to add one more

Last edited:
Something worth taking pictures of. I have a brand new camera, and I've caught myself taking pictures of a nail in the wall just because I really wanted to use my brand new camera. I already have about 300 pictures of the dog, and every time I try to sneak outside all the birds fly away. We have a bug problem eating all of our flowers. I'm running out of ideas.

Something worth taking pictures of. I have a brand new camera, and I've caught myself taking pictures of a nail in the wall just because I really wanted to use my brand new camera. I already have about 300 pictures of the dog, and every time I try to sneak outside all the birds fly away. We have a bug problem eating all of our flowers. I'm running out of ideas.

Can you post some photos of the nail in the wall? I'd like to see how you handled that subject.

I'd enjoy 10 days in Alaska or British Columbia, near the water, no kids, no phones, no jets overhead, no cable TV,etc.

I wondered how many will choose #11.

I choose #12.

Pick up 11 and mix it up with 10, then once that's done, 12.

I'd have to pick #10. One of my dream photo-trips is a week or two on Kodiak Island.

All except 12. I'd start with #7, which would greatly increase my knowledge, and probably lead to #11. Then, I could do some work which may pay for #'s1-6. Id' then do more work and build a portfolio to put on #8. Ideally, this would lead to more business and income to pay for #10, during which I'd have plenty of #9's. I think that about covers it.

In all seriousness, I'd definitely pick the day with a pro. I downloaded Zack Arias's studio photography class off CreativeLive.com (check out that site), and it was awesome. It's long and quite a bit of the stuff I already knew, but I loved every minute of it.

Wow , this is really fun. First , I want a nikon 80-200 f2.8 and then I'd like a really cool computer for photo editing and fun. After this , I want to go 6 days to Europe for some photo fun and travel and then the last day at a skatepark with Jeff Zielinski a pro bmx photographer.

But if I can only choose one , I would be really happy going somewhere cool to photograph for 1 week.

What would be most exciting for you to have if you could have it tomorrow?

1. camera body
2. lens
3. flash/flash equipment set
4. computer set up for photography
5. software
6. photography library
7. A day with a professional of your choice training you
8. a website/blog
9. a day of photography without interruption
10. A week long trip to your photo-paradise
11. Creativity
12. I am not interested...leave me alone

In this order,

#3 (No job = no gear)
#2 (Need a 70-200 f2.8 and a 10-20)
#4 (My Dell has seen better days, WTB iMac)

Fun thread, thanks! :D

Most reactions

Back