One from a recent shoot

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't been shooting much lately but I was able to talk my wife into doing a winter scene photoshoot last weekend. I've wanted to try this the last few years but never got around to it until now. It was a little more difficult than I expected. The cold temps were one thing but all that white snow was tricky too. Anyway, just thought I would post one up from the shoot to get some CC from you all.

Thanks,
Travis

1156880942_tWVgn-X3.jpg

I like it mate, it must of been hard to control the exposure with the snow etc. Youve managed to keep a very positive glow to the skin tones.....Im a noob so just from my personal perspective

Looks like a Khol's ad lol

Perfect lighting, great setup. Nice job!

I have no complaints. I'm actually jealous that you pulled of a falling snow shot... I will get one one of these days! It just needs to stop snowing overnight and snow during the damn day!!! :)

I like it mate, it must of been hard to control the exposure with the snow etc. Youve managed to keep a very positive glow to the skin tones.....Im a noob so just from my personal perspective

Thanks for the comments! The snow did make it pretty tough, especially with her dark coat. Quite a difference in exposure values. I think I could have balanced the light a little better on the snow but all in all happy for a first attempt.

Looks like a Khol's ad lol

Perfect lighting, great setup. Nice job!

Yeah, we should have found some snazzier clothes to make it a Victoria's Secret ad! LOL. Thanks

I have no complaints. I'm actually jealous that you pulled of a falling snow shot... I will get one one of these days! It just needs to stop snowing overnight and snow during the damn day!!! :)

Can't wait to check one out! Thanks for the comments

I have a couple more hosted if anyone wants me to post them let me know....

Thanks again,
Travis

Nice shot!

What was your lighting setup?

Thanks!

I used one AB800 in a large softbox placed about 5 feet away at roughly 45degrees to the camera right.

Travis

Wow impressive Travis. I like it. Gorgeous model. I'm still working on my wife so she is not camera shy, not working so well. Id like to see more shots since you said you have them hosted. If you don't mind.

The only thing bad i can notice is the hair on her face causing a shadow on her face. :O thats pretty much it. When metering your camera just go really close to your subject then meter for the exposure then you wont have to worry about the snow cause your subject will be exposed correctly.

The only thing bad i can notice is the hair on her face causing a shadow on her face. :O thats pretty much it. When metering your camera just go really close to your subject then meter for the exposure then you wont have to worry about the snow cause your subject will be exposed correctly.

But, I was trying to balance the exposure of the subject and the background. I basically metered the background and exposed that -1/2 stop then brought the strobe in to bring the subject exposre back up. Hope that makes sense. If I had done as you describe she would have been exposed properly but the "winter scene" would have been almost completely blown out.

Yeah, the hair was kind of problematic. It was pretty windy and COLD so we didn't take too much time with adjustments...

Thanks,
Travis

Good job! With all the snow and flat light that is not an easy set up. Looks good to me.

Wow impressive Travis. I like it. Gorgeous model. I'm still working on my wife so she is not camera shy, not working so well. Id like to see more shots since you said you have them hosted. If you don't mind.

Good luck with getting your wife more comfortable. It works out great for us. She doesn't mind helping me out and I am a lot more comfortable shooting her than I am shooting other people.

Here's one more shot for now. I'll post a couple more after I get home. My phone connection is terrible. This took a good ten minutes to post :x

Thanks,
Travis

1156881005_vF3BA-X3.jpg

Most reactions

Back