One from today's session, trying to learn new lens

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Indoor studio photography at night, black backdrop and this one was taken at f/2.8. Not enough room inside to stand far away so she is not as sharp as she should be. I'm tired.....going to bed, yawn. Will post more from tomorrows session when I edit more. Input/C&C welcome.

Aperture (F): 2.80ISO speed rating: 800
Lens focal length, mm: 50.0
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Shutter speed (APEX): 0.0078 (1/128)
Exposure mode: Manual exposure

Last edited:
What do you have to say about it? What's your self critique of this image?

Distance has nothing to do with sharpness! Knowledge Does! With knowledge, you can get sharpness at any distance, any aperture, any shutter speed, any lighting condition....

If you had dropped down to F4 or so, she would be sharp (at least her face would be.. you would need more for the feet with that pose! Did you even try to use a reflector on her face to kill those ugly shadows?

Sharpness is not as much an issue here as bad lighting!

My critique is that she is not sharp, but could have been. So, CGipson is saying she could have been sharper at f/4?

How far away were you? how many feet? At six feet, you had a DOF of .48 of a foot. So not quite 6"... not enough if you want all of her sharp, and with that pose, you should!

The lighting is bad and her feet are too close...you should always allow enough room around edges. Also, I didn't have the room indoors to stand so far away. So yep, I am a natural light portrait "photographer." E for effort on indoor at night.

Most reactions

Back