One Lens Challenge Photos post here!

The night of September 27, 2008 was rainy and foggy. A young woman lost control of her vehicle and crashed, injuring her friend and herself. The Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene and requested air medevac. Maryland State Police Trooper 2, with pilot Stephen Bunker and Flight Paramedic Mickey Lippy, responded from Joint Base Andrews, and picked up both patients and volunteer Emergency Medical Technician Tanya Mallard of Waldorf VFD Station 12.

As they flew to the hospital, the night got foggier, and the Pilot requested redirection to Andrews. Unfortunately, they never made it. The helicopter went down in the wooded area of a park, about three miles from the base, tragically killing one of the two patients and all three emergency responders.

This is a memorial to the flight crew and EMT. The actual crash site is about 1/2 mile away, and is marked with a marble marker.

DSC_0430.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

DSC_0429.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Me (1 of 1).jpg
My Rig and Me.

Princess had a couple of friends over this afternoon. She didn't want to pose for me but her friends were happy to. Constantly having a house full of teenage girls has to pay off at some point! It was hard to get them to be serious but we got a few shots in. I'm going to post some others in a separate thread to get some critique.

Princess had a couple of friends over this afternoon. She didn't want to pose for me but her friends were happy to. Constantly having a house full of teenage girls has to pay off at some point! It was hard to get them to be serious but we got a few shots in. I'm going to post some others in a separate thread to get some critique.

Love the last one.

Love the last one.

Thanks! You're a peach. That was definitely my favorite of the day. I'm not usually into b&w but that one definitely was going to be b&w from the minute I framed it.

View attachment 146156 View attachment 146157 Had to improvise today since I was coaching a softball practice right after work. Figured I'd see if the 60mm could shoot sports. Nope. Way too much hunting going on with the AF. It just didn't have the reach. Here's a few of Princess that would be kind of decent if they were cropped closer but I was afraid to lose any more IQ.

you have to zone focus , manual, peaking highlights turned on . Just like the good old days but your too young to recall that.

I'll definitely give it another try. I've just gotten to the AF section of the book I bought as a companion guide to the manual. Having RTFM already and still a bit stumped, I know I need to explore it further. The settings I typically use with the 50-230 for action photos did not provide the same results on the 60mm.
The 60mm hunts a lot, period. The only way to use it for action is, as JC stated, is to prefocus. Too bad you're too young to remember the good old days. A couple ways to do that, one way is to slap the XT2 on "M", on the front of the camera. Then focus with the back button, release after focusing, the focus won't change until you Back Button again.

A flatbread I whipped up to augment dinner.

That looks delicious!

I love it when that happens! You did a masterful job

Thank you!

The 60mm hunts a lot, period. The only way to use it for action is, as JC stated, is to prefocus. Too bad you're too young to remember the good old days. A couple ways to do that, one way is to slap the XT2 on "M", on the front of the camera. Then focus with the back button, release after focusing, the focus won't change until you Back Button again.

It's sweet that you think I'm young! I've passed the half century mark so don't feel all that young but I know how relative age is!!!

I've never used bbf so not sure if I'm ready to start now. I would not normally use the 60 mm as an action lens it was just because of the one lens challenge. Thanks for the tips!

Most reactions

Back