One Lens Challenge Photos post here!

Day 7
1 Appalachian Mountain Trail
2 Marigold--Orange On Black
_DSC6282.jpg
_DSC6295-Edit-Edit.jpg

Today is the last day for this challenge! Looking forward to seeing everyone's final shots. We have a couple of ideas for next week's challenge. Will post a thread shortly with the "rules"! Hope to see you all participating in that one too.

Friday - day 7
Fuji XE1 + Meike f/2.0 6.5mm circular fisheye lens

In 1233 our village was founded after the land was sold by Floris IV, Count of Holland, which means the village is almost 800 years ago.
Unfortunately, many old houses, factories, mills, etc. have been demolished.
Especially in the last 50 years little has been saved.
What does survive in this village is a total of 10 churches, plus there are 4 communities (like the baptists) who meet in several school buildings. Besides all this, also 2 mosques can be found in our village.

I've selected two of the oldest churches in our village.
The first photo shows a church built in 1838, National Heritage, named Brugkerk (in Rotterdam an almost identical church can be found, called Hoflaankerk) which replaced a church from 1430.
The second photo shows in my eyes a real 'petite beauté' it's the Remonstrant Church, built in 1837, National Heritage. I found it quite difficult to photograph this church even with a fisheye lens, because of 4 fabulous trees in front of it.

Gerard

img.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 146156 View attachment 146157 Had to improvise today since I was coaching a softball practice right after work. Figured I'd see if the 60mm could shoot sports. Nope. Way too much hunting going on with the AF. It just didn't have the reach. Here's a few of Princess that would be kind of decent if they were cropped closer but I was afraid to lose any more IQ.

you have to zone focus , manual, peaking highlights turned on . Just like the good old days but your too young to recall that.

View attachment 146156 View attachment 146157 Had to improvise today since I was coaching a softball practice right after work. Figured I'd see if the 60mm could shoot sports. Nope. Way too much hunting going on with the AF. It just didn't have the reach. Here's a few of Princess that would be kind of decent if they were cropped closer but I was afraid to lose any more IQ.

you have to zone focus , manual, peaking highlights turned on . Just like the good old days but your too young to recall that.

I'll definitely give it another try. I've just gotten to the AF section of the book I bought as a companion guide to the manual. Having RTFM already and still a bit stumped, I know I need to explore it further. The settings I typically use with the 50-230 for action photos did not provide the same results on the 60mm.

I'll definitely give it another try. I've just gotten to the AF section of the book I bought as a companion guide to the manual. Having RTFM already and still a bit stumped, I know I need to explore it further. The settings I typically use with the 50-230 for action photos did not provide the same results on the 60mm.

Yeah, the 60 is no AF speed demon, it's dreadfully slow but I never use it in AF anyway. I shot some shots last year at the basketball game with it in manual focus with highlights. I got some good shots when they ere close to me but it's not designed for sports. I rarely use AF on any of my lenses unless it's moving relatively fast. I think using manual camera's has kind of got me into that habit.

I have something planned and I'm hoping the weather cooperates. If not, I'll come up with something.

Yeah, the 60 is no AF speed demon, it's dreadfully slow but I never use it in AF anyway. I shot some shots last year at the basketball game with it in manual focus with highlights. I got some good shots when they ere close to me but it's not designed for sports. I rarely use AF on any of my lenses unless it's moving relatively fast. I think using manual camera's has kind of got me into that habit.

Yes. I was very tempted to break out the 50-230 but decided that since it was just for fun and not the end of the world if I missed the shots, I would stick to the challenge and use the 60! We'll have to repeat this challenge another time with everyone having to use their least favorite lens.

Yes. I was very tempted to break out the 50-230 but decided that since it was just for fun and not the end of the world if I missed the shots, I would stick to the challenge and use the 60! We'll have to repeat this challenge another time with everyone having to use their least favorite lens.
I don't have favorites - I love them all, equally. I will probably use the 105mm Micro (macro), though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back