ONE life changing moment.

Mine would have to be being Born. Lame I know but everything else that's happened (and there's been a lot more than I'd wish for!) has been from one extreme to the other and all have shaped the way I live. None have definitively changed my life, however, as I think that the person I am is the same as the person I was and will be, hopefully with some improvements along the way! :lol:

omeletteman said:
Deciding to tell my best friend that I had feelings for her, we've been together for a year as of yesterday, and it's been the best year of my life, hands down.
Also, my decision to take a year off school last year and go to China to teach English had a big impact on me (it was also where I got into photography :) ). It forced me to grow up a bit (not too much though, I'm only 20), and realize how much there really is out there in this world.

wow... that sounds amazing... you know... I'm 20 too... but I'm not so brave to take such a moves...

the moment my 17 year old son died......changed my life forever...

I haven't had any life altering moments, I seem to let them slip away as I get older and too involved in the monotony which is my life. I do remember one time in college watching tv and eating bagel chips (which by the way will be my reaper) when all of a sudden i began to choke, and not kinda choke but all out choking, I could not breathe at all. I jumped from my seat and grabbed my throat (the international sign for choking) my roomate immediatly sprung form his seat grabbed me and gave me the heimlich. This dislodges the food from my throat momentarily and gave me a chance to get some air in my lungs from that I was able to get the blockage out. My heart was pounding after this considering I had litterally been on the verge of death. At that moment I thought to myself "wow, if things had gone differently I could be dead right now I should really take advantage of my life" Unfortunatly that moment has fallen into the abyss of college experiences and now I find myself writing on this forum while I sit at my boring job as a recruiter. I see life passing me by as I stare at my screen all day waiting for 5 o'clock. I have wanted to quit for over a year now but the money keeps dragging me in, I mean what other job could a 25 year old make close to 6 figures at, but honestly its not worth it anymore. I guess you could say that my life changing moment is not really moment but an experience, the experience of the 8-5 working world. Through this job I realize there is no way I can sit behind a desk my whole life listening to the same conversations everyday calling the same humps trying to get them to change their job so I make a commission. Sometimes I feel like I am going insane. My plan for the future is too work through March and then take the summer vacation I never had after I graduated college. From April to August I will travel where ever my car can take me play lots of golf and work on my photography. I hope to find what I am looking for. I feel liek my life is almost great btu far from it. I have all the money I need, a girlfriend I love, and good friends throughout the country, but I have no idea what I am going to do with my life. I love wood working and photography and thats all I know. In the coming months I hope to document my freedom on TPF any suggestions for places to see on the east coast would be great. I live in Boston.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back