One little boy- trying to hone my PP skills

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please let me know how you feel my post processing work is. Is it sharp enough, color corrected, levels ok etc. (is it STILLL too green? can't seem to get that out. if someone wants a go at it, please do) Please comment if you would how you feel about the photo also (comp and if the photo is any good at all)
thank you!

ryan-1.jpg

ETA the desaturated version.. better? or not?
ryann.jpg

I prefer #2 as there seems to be a yellowish (or is that a greenish) tinge on the first one. I think it would work if you cropped closer on the right to take out the superfluous object in the lower right. There is a small white thingie above his left eye on the background that you could easily clone out. I really like the composition on this one and if you smoothed out his chapped right cheek slightly I think you've got something here. Nice.

Thanks so much for commenting onesister. Great suggestions! Believe it or not, I masked his face a LOT and that small area was still quite chapped. I wonder if I should try cloning it out or something.. or a higher opacity mask might have to be in order.

Thanks for commenting!

I prefer the second version as well. The oversaturation of the first one takes away from the image for me - almost looks too contrasty. I like your composition. I'd include the shot if I was showing a bunch to the parents.

I agree the first one seemed a bit much on the levels and maybe the contrast. I also think I might be inclined to clean up his cheek a bit... almost looks like he has a bit of a rash, but maybe just from the wind?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back