What's new

One more Milky Way

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was inspired by the other thread, and so me and my brother went out on our terrace, pointed a 450D with tokina 12-24mm at 12mm/4 at the Milky Way for 30 seconds. ISO 12800 (high). Probably not the smartest thing to push the ISO that high, just wanted to see how the camera would perform. Not nearly as interesting without any foreground, but here it is. This is taken 7 meters from where I'm now sitting :D You got to love living far away from the city with clear skies just outside your door :)

6277586993_08729f5264.jpg
 
Pretty impressive! A little bit of curves adjustments could make this even better.
 
Thanks. I'm not too sure in how to process these. To me, the curves looked like a sinus curve after all the nasty stuff I did to it :P

(maths joke, not sure if you got it....)
 
The only thing about shooting stars with high ISO is that the noise starts to look like stars and it gets difficult to tell the difference.
 
Awesome dude :) higher elevations also help heaps.
 
Thanks, switch. Just for fun, notice the Andromeda galaxy to the left. One small part of the Milkyway is going across the frame, and another is a sgalaxy mall smudge of light.
 
Do you live in a rural area? I don't think I'll get this from my house.
 
This means I trust you, LOL


1.png


2.png


3.png


4.png


5.png


6.png
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom