One of my first shots with a new DSLR

Ron0921

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a Tree that caught my eye the other day when leaving my house. It looks like the leaves were blown from the middle and from the top. The sides from mid way down were left alone.

As stated in my Welcome post I am very new to the DSLR family of cameras, so it is going to take me awhile to get used to it. I have been shooting in RAW format and converting to jpeg format. I used Photoshop Elements 2.0 (All I have right now) to enhance the image some.

C&C Welcome as again I believe that learning from criticism is a good thing.

I have added 2 other photos of same tree from different angles in my gallery here at The Photo Forum.

Interesting shot, particularly all the leaves on the ground - you can see where they came from. From a compositional perpsective, the street light is very distracting, I would have cloned it out or taken the pic from a different view point to eliminate the light. Also, you cropped off a bit of the left side of the tree, this also tends to detract from the overall composition. HTH.

You say that you are very new to DSLRs and the like - how new are you to photography?

WesternGuy

That godamn lamp post ruins it for me :(

Colors a bit oversaturated.

Westernguy - Yes I know that lamp post is very distracting, didn't know how to clone it out. I was going to move to the right a bit more to get a better shot and elevate the lamp post but there was a vehicle parked to the left and alittle further up the street from the tree which was uglier then the the lamp post hence the reason for it also being cut off on the left just a little.

You ask how new to Photography? Well I cant say I have been doing it for years, but honestly off and on for several years. Never really took it seriously before, but I am giving it serious thoughts of taking it more seriously now and considering taking a course. I have also book marked several sites for learning as well as books to get and read.

Mo - Yup I agree and as stated wish I could have cloned it out.

jwbryson1 - Well I tried several different things in PE 2 to get it too look right . Now that you mention it, I did open up the jpg which was converted from the raw file and compared that one to the one uploaded and the reddish-orange leaves do look alittle more brighter. But then again the original jpeg file looks alittle on the blurred side and doesn't really have the crisp leave shapes as the one uploaded. Attached is the original that was converted from a Raw file. This one is untouched other then resizing.

Thanks folks for your input as it is greatly appreciated. Again I want to learn this on a more serious note and your C&C will make me learn more and more.

Attachments

• $DPP_0002_1.jpg
    $DPP_0002_1.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 169
WesternGuy, thank you very much for the information, so greatly appreciated. I will look into and give it a whirl. I have read and heard about people cloning things out of photos, but really never paid much attention to it as I haven't been into photography as I wanted to over the past years. Now that I have the time and everything I am putting forth the effort and the time of learning everything I can possibly learn.

Again thank you very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back