one pic. thoughts pleaseeeeeee!

There are times that the person in the photo will like it, knowing it is them and it may have some kind of significance for them.

To ask people who are removed from the situation about a poorly taken photo will not work.

Not to beat the nail into the ground, but I also dont really like the image and dont see how it can be made better.

But to your original question, if the person likes the images as is, then print it out as is and give it to her. Nothing much more can be done to it, so just give them what they want

thanks for those who gave good criticism. some good points, when removed from the situation some wont get it, and only has meaning for those in the pic and some people that are not into photography sometimes pick the picture that you like less.

Retail photography sales are all about the people that may buy the photo, having an emotional attachment to it. Because it is either them or loved ones in the photo.

That's why selling in person is so valuable to both the client and the seller. The seller can see and recognize that emotional attachment and sell the client those images that they connect with the strongest.

That edit is better, but for the future (OP!) you should try and shoot at an exposure at which you can still have detail conservation.

You'd be amazed at what photos people like when they're not in the photography field or know any better. There's those people who think the higher the contrast the better. And when you blow up images and give them to people: others are going to see it and someone who actually knows what they're talking about might say 'hey, that's way too dark..what was that guy thinking?' or 'hey, there's no substance to this photograph'..and that's what they'll associate you with.

Think of what you're putting your name on.

couldnt agree more i have friends on face book who went to nyc took HORRIBLE PICS people left comments like wow man great shots you should do that for money.. lmfao ARE U KIDDING ME...

Most reactions

Back