One Second Per Day - 2012

Yeah, every few days. I just make sure to tote the GoPro and/or EOS with me each day and snag a few minutes of footage of whatever's going on, then sift through and pick my favorite second. The hardest part was the titling, but that only had to be done once, and I'm set up for all future years that I do this.

The only criticism I would give is there was a lot of driving and/or repeating. Of course you have to keep the accident though.

haha Yeah, the caption I put on Youtube for it says "Resolution for 2013: More swimming, fewer stops at Kum N' Go. ;-)".
I need to add "less driving".

Music was perfect. What was it?

Man, I am always the buzzkill.

This strikes me as a cool idea that isn't actually very interesting in the implementation. The kind of idea that you invent at a party and you talk about, "Wow, that would be kick-ass" but you never actually bother with because, after all, what's the point? And if there is something to be done with it, actually accomplishing it rather than simply winding up with a random assemblage of footage, would be way too much work. The result seems to be the usual p365 "giant pile of filler".

Is there some sort of progression or narrative or any forward drive of any kind, that I missed somehow? This seems to be a random jumble of footage, cut at the wildly frenetic pace of once per second. I couldn't bear to watch more than 30 or 40 seconds of it, so it's quite possible that I missed something.

I've noticed these comments come from those who don't finish watching it. In fact, who don't get very far into it at all. I'll put it in a way that makes sense to me: it's a terrific way for me to remember every day. All it takes is a spark of that day to remind me of the rest of it. While it seems like a random, jumbled pile of clips that have little correlation to one another, isn't that how life typically plays out anyway? Besides, when you take on this kind of project, you find yourself wanting to outdo "what I got yesterday". I plan on doing this for the rest of my life.

It makes sense to me as a personal project, sure. And I respect the discipline required, and the work. It just doesn't do anything for me, some random guy who doesn't know you.

I guess Amolitor and Pop culture/opinion digress on this one.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back