What's new

Only one keeper tonight

Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
3,719
Reaction score
534
Location
Here N There
DSC_9243_1.jpg



Anyone has tips on how I can get the stars to pop more???

The air is rather humid here. There's half-moon on the other side therefore the bridge was well lit. I still want the stars to pop more to show more of the "nightness" even though I want it to look like day time too.
 
Do a rough selection on the stars and run high pass
 
Duplicate the layer, and desaturate, mask out the stars so they're the only thing selected. Go to high-pass and adjust accordingly, than decreas/increase the opacity of the layer accordingly.
 
MC.. mind if I post an edit?
 
just layered it.. made the sky a little darker, and tried to bring the stars out. It may be a little unbalanced now though.. not sure the foreground and sky really work together....

$DSC_9243_1.webp
 
Hi, I try to post my editing version, might be you like it $molested_cow.webp

I just duplicate the layer, change the curves to make the sky darker, erase some land part on the new layer and change the contrast and brightness.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom