ScottS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I totalled my car,
Got hit by a girl
Heeeeyaaaayaaaayaaa:lol:

Well, I got broadsided in the schools parking lot. Actually totaled my car! (main problem was that the impact bent the axle to the wheel in...)

l_55bb5f3eba81694ee0f866b04b5cc3c4.jpg

So yea, this is the second car THIS year! First time I got T-boned by a drunk driver. I got hurt pretty bad in that one. No on hurt this time... Except my bank account.

And of course the person who hit me, their insurance is saying that fault cannot be established because there was no stop sign for her.

Well, so much for my college money.... gotta buy a new car.... AGAIN!:grumpy:

Dang Scott...Dang...

Dang Scott...Dang...
yup... I find it amazing how much we rely on our cars. Life becomes a pain when you don't have one.

It's just a car...as long you're okay.

Hope the insurance doesn't cause you grief.
Yes, cars can be replaced.. I can't.
I'm hoping that I wont have to fight the insurance company, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

:hugs: Sorry to hear that Scott!

I didn't know you had been in an accident earlier this year. Hope your recovery is going well!

Glad you're ok! I bet you can fight the insurance somehow. Hope it works out ok!

The insurance should pay out in your favour by default, after all it was a lady driver who hit you...

The insurance should pay out in your favour by default, after all it was a lady driver who hit you...
Yes, it should. But the rep I talked to told me that since she didn't have a stop sign no one was at fault.... yea, right.

i work for a body shop and hear that story all the time. but you can fight it and get them to segegrate ( sp?) it.

who's your insurance?

Glad your okay!

Don't worry, that will buff right out....

i work for a body shop and hear that story all the time. but you can fight it and get them to segegrate ( sp?) it.

who's your insurance?

Glad your okay!
I only have liability on my car.(its not worth much) Im going to go after her insurance.

Don't worry, that will buff right out....

Haha yea sure! Its not really the dings and scratches im worried about. Its the axle being bent and the wheel being at a bad angle. If i end up loosing the battle with the insurance, ill probably just pay to get the wheel fixed.

Modern cars....it takes so little to total them out these days. I think Christina would agree with me that that is fixable....but that damn price tag and quick to the trigger insurance adjusters.

For those who don't know, a vehicle is totaled out when the damage (estimated repair cost) exceedes the book value of the vehicle regardless of what exactly the damage is.

I have seen cars totaled out for what was truthfuly only cosmedic damage.

Wile this is not the case here, the damaged arias all appear to be repairable including the suspension damage.

"Relax! My old man is a television repairman. He's got the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

"Relax! My old man is a television repairman. He's got the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
Haha does he have a big hammer?

Well, these things, they happen.

God really doesn't want me getting nice Nikon glass. :D

Most reactions

Back