What's new

Opal The Osprey Stands Guard On Her Nest

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
1,427
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I went back out to the lake again this morning. Hank was nowhere to be seen, Oscar was flying around looking for food, and I spotted Opal The Osprey standing guard on her nest waiting for Oscar to bring a meal to their chicks. Here are a few photos I was able to get. It's funny that the park authorities put fake birds on top of the light posts around the ball parks to keep the birds from building nests on them. These Osprey built their next right on the fake bird. Looks like the pecked the fake bird's head off.

1


Osprey Nest 1 (1 of 1).webp

2
Osprey Nest 2 (1 of 1).webp

3
Osprey Nest 3 (1 of 1).webp

4
Osprey Nest 11 (1 of 1).webp

5
Osprey Nest 3 (1 of 1).webp

6
Osprey Nest 9 (1 of 1).webp
 
the fake owl is awesome! love that the osprey have incorporated it into the nest.
 
Thanks! Canon 5d with a Sigma 150-600 Sports lens. Shutter set at 2000, Aperture at 6.3, ISO 500.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PJM
I looked at the pics first and I was wondering what the heck that was. The ospreys probably thought the same thing and figured it would make a nice nest ornament, ha! Nice set, thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks everyone!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom