Opera... (browser)

Hmm... When I check for updates, it says I have the latest version.

Yeah, for some reason it says that... I had to download it directly from their site, but with the update it once again leapfrogged everyone in terms of speed...even Chrome.

Tried, and I couldn't get it to work... It kept crashing. Then it was crashing while trying to bring up the crash report of the first crash. (It made a special crash report that I have to e-mail to them for that, lol.)

Where do I send that...? LOL, I can't even find the file now...

man, when opera crashes (which it's done at least three times already), it really crashes... locks up for like 10 minutes, can't open any other browser, can't close it (or 'End Task' it)... wow.

10.1 is still working fine for me, lol.

I'll wait till all the bugs are worked out before upgrading.

edit
If it's no longer available for download, I have the .exe for Opera 10.0 (which will automatically update to 10.1) on my machine still. I can e-mail it to you if you like.

Looks like they kind of screwed the pooch on this update :p

Let's hope they can fix these bugs for 10.51 soon enough... If it works it's a good step up from 10.1

EDIT: Speak of the Devil! Opera 10.51 is now out, and the changelog says "Opera 10.51 is a recommended security and stability upgrade." If 10.5 was crashing for you, you might want to give this a try!

Last edited:
Well, I *was* still using Firefox for a couple of things, but I think that just ended. I just got my first real infection since I've had this computer (for a year and a half), and I'm almost CERTAIN it was through Firefox.

Just to be on the safe side until I figure it out for sure . . . I'm sticking with Opera.

I use Opera mini on my blackberry...( far better than the BB browser, internet exploder, and believe it or not, firefox.) but thats just my opinion. I have never used it as my main browser... thought about it.
I love it on my cell though. :)

Also one thing I miss from Firefox was that it let you go back x amount of pages with one click (a drop box with previous pages), so you didn't have to hit Back several times.

closedtabs.jpg

This option is great...
I haven't seen this till now....
Thanks for sharing this.....

I use:

- firefox (started going slow and lagging so have stopped using unless updating website, I use the ftp plugin for it.)

- Chrome (main browsing browser now. and to watch quicktime videos since my other browsers all get errors with quick time.)

- Safari (test webpages while coding.)

- Opera (if I want to download something or to test webpages. also a backup browser)

- Internet explorer (for validating webpages, nothing more, nothing less.)

I used to have about 5 other browsers too but I feel these 5 are enough.
I prefered firefox but as stated, it began to lag and chrome looks better now and I got some of my plugins for chrome now.
ALSO: IN OPERA IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK MORE THAN 1 PAGE, CLICK AND HOLD ON THE BACK ARROW FOR ABOUT 1 SECOND THEN THE LIST DROPS DOWN,.

Last edited:
It seems to freeze a lot....

I use:

- firefox (started going slow and lagging so have stopped using unless updating website, I use the ftp plugin for it.)

- Chrome (main browsing browser now. and to watch quicktime videos since my other browsers all get errors with quick time.)

- Safari (test webpages while coding.)

- Opera (if I want to download something or to test webpages. also a backup browser)

- Internet explorer (for validating webpages, nothing more, nothing less.)

I used to have about 5 other browsers too but I feel these 5 are enough.
I prefered firefox but as stated, it began to lag and chrome looks better now and I got some of my plugins for chrome now.
ALSO: IN OPERA IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK MORE THAN 1 PAGE, CLICK AND HOLD ON THE BACK ARROW FOR ABOUT 1 SECOND THEN THE LIST DROPS DOWN,.

The only of those that I don't have is Safari. Well, I have that on my iPhone, but I don't think that counts. I very rarely use Chrome or IE, though. Nothing against Chrome at all, I'm just very used to Opera and I like it a lot.

On the rare occasion I have trouble opening something with Opera, I use Firefox, because that's what I used before Opera, so I'm also still very familiar with it. Also, all of the computers at school have IE and Firefox, so I still use it often there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back