Opinion of Nikon in general

This is all just purchase justification.

"Well I spend a ****load of money on a camera so I am going to defend it to the death and make anyone who bought something different feel like they have to defend their purchase so we all end up in one perpetual angry circle jerk!"

Give an artist a camera and 9 out of 10 times his images will be crap but a technician will read the manual and his image will rock!

Are you the artist or the tech ???????????

Has Nikon been losing a lot of customers due to the d600 issue? Do you guys feel as though Nikon has treated their customers unfairly/dishonestly with that problem?(releasing the d610 right after and not providing refunds/trade ins...etc).

I'm thinking of going over to canon soley because of customer service. If I'm going to stick to a certain company because of the lenses I will invest in, I need to be sure I can trust them to treat me fairly and honestly.

Please enjoy your new Canon camera............

I heard that Canon users are smokin' hot and are good in the sack! Just sayin'!

Around here, anything smokin hot, and in a sack. Well that's a prank the kids play on the neighbors.

from my limited knowledge. I like the ergonomics of most canons better they feel better to me holding them. The layouts I find more user friendly from the ones I have shot with (not many and I don't own a canon so..) I think Nikon has the edge in photo, canon in video. I think Nikon and the wifi adaptor is both stupid and archaic and canon totally leads in common sense. Nikon seems to put everything into sensors and mps. I think canon is more fun to shoot. Nikon has the upperhand with better and higher mp and photo quality in most cases. canon might have the upperhand in people actually enjoying to use and liking their cameras. what Nikon seems really good at is making lenses and putting good sensors in cameras. Canon seems really good at making cameras people actually like.

THe short of is that two weeks later I received a parcel back from nikon with my fully functional cool pix 5700... They had done whatever was necessary (something about the sensor) as well as given it a thorough cleaning and it has been working perfectly well ever since.

I have had 2 interactions with Nikon service and even beyond the repair (which I paid for) I received the camera back in such a pristine, clean condition that it was like having a new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back