Opinions on Sunrise shot appreciated....

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took about 8 shots of this sunrise yesterday, and settled on this composition. I figured the hill line led the eyes to the cross which I want people to notice because I think it adds to the twisted, sky on fire, hellish morning sunrise. Kind of good/evil... I dont know :lol:

Would it benefit from a tighter crop?

Or maybe
ijujuhjuhj.jpg

?

Last edited:
very cool shot... a tighter crop might help the cross stand out more... it does get a bit lost the way it is now...

I like the crop much better, but I like the processing in the fist one. If you can match the levels of #1 with #2, then you have a really powerful image.

i see why you went with the larger shot... the color and contrast in the clouds just pops more in the wider one...

I was thinking about this shot. The cross was not put in by you, as it was on the hill naturally, I assume, right?

So by altering the pic slightly .... say by just making the cross bigger. Wouldn't be changing the pictures integrity, just altering what wass already there. The cross is a dynamic part of the photo. You don't need to be religious, it just is. As you said, like heavenly, and hell fire.

I wouldnt be hard to just make it bigger, since its just a silhouette anyway. There is also nothing to reference size on the mountain, that would make the perspective look weird either. You like the wider version better because the colors pop more, and it shows more of that awesome sunrise. I say do it.

It took me a sec to see the cross. Instead of a crop, I would have gone closer to the cross and compose a shot that way, so you get a bigger cross without sacrificing the background.

Wow! Didn't see the cross the first time so I think it could stand out more. Such a beautiful sky!

This looks crazy to me! Going off on a strange tangent, but the sky looks like it's on fire... The cross in the background makes me feel like it's almost like it could provoke a "judgment day" kind of feel. Anyone else feel the same?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back