Seaweed Sunrise

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys, I've been busy hiking and traveling and haven't had time to take as many photos as I'd like. Took this one about half an hour before sunrise this morning using my Fuji X-T20 and 10-24. Couldn’t resist the texture on this rock.

Blend of two images, both taken at the same settings about 20 minutes apart. One for the foreground, one for the colors in the sky. Manually blended in photoshop using a layer mask.

Exif: 15mm, f/8, 25 seconds, iso 200. Shot in jpeg with the velvia film simulation and just a little bit of saturation and dehaze added in post to boost the colors.

Seaweed Sunrise by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Pretty colors. How are you enjoying the Fuji?

Pretty colors. How are you enjoying the Fuji?

I like it a lot for slow, deliberate work. Could never use it for fast paced work, would definitely need to upgrade to the X-T2 for that. It’s been really solid for hiking when the D810 would be too heavy, so I’m happy with it for my purposes.

I really like the jpegs it produces, and don’t shoot RAW at all because they don’t play nice with Lightroom.

That's a really pretty gradient.

I've never thought about image stacking an image with time in between like that (aside from startrails).

I'll have to try that! It's like HDR, but more natural.

Last edited:

I've never though about image stacking an image with time in between like that (aside from startrails).

Many people have great success doing exactly this using multiple exposures and blending them with luminosity masks. The results, in my opinion, are superior to HDR.

Fantastic. Think it's worthy of a POTM nomination!!!

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the positive feedback!

Sorry I haven’t responded.. just got back from a multi day backpacking trip with limited cell service.

I've never though about image stacking an image with time in between like that (aside from startrails).

Many people have great success doing exactly this using multiple exposures and blending them with luminosity masks. The results, in my opinion, are superior to HDR.

Yeah, I'm a fan. I definitely need to find some situations to use this.

Not sure what you mean by Lightroom and RAW not playing nicely. The RAW editor in LR is almost identical to the one in Adobe Camera Raw, thought I do prefer Photoshop's ACR better than LR which for me is nothing more than a place to catalog images for batch processing.

Not sure what you mean by Lightroom and RAW not playing nicely. The RAW editor in LR is almost identical to the one in Adobe Camera Raw, thought I do prefer Photoshop's ACR better than LR which for me is nothing more than a place to catalog images for batch processing.

Fuji RAW files aren’t opened properly by adobe software, essentialy.

Fuji RAW files aren’t opened properly by adobe software, essentialy.

Ahso, was not aware of this issue with Fuji cameras.

Most reactions

Back