opinions on the 18-135

well ****.

just ordered the 18-135mm.

Should have done it days ago...i knew it was coming to this.

I think you'll be very happy, it's such a useful lens.

Post some photos - ideally not brick wall test shots :)

well ****.

Get the hood.

Warning the JJC hood from Amazon does not fit. We bought 2 for the school, and I had to shave both with a knife to get it to fit the lens. That was a PiA. I think JJC makes all the brand-X hoods, so if it isn't Canon, it is probably a JJC hood.

Let us know what you think of the lens. I am sure you will, and hopefully you'll have something cool to show us. LOL. It's really fun getting a new lens. I have not bought any new photo gear for a little bit over one year.
In the period of about one or two days, the last lenses I bought were a 135 mm F2.8 ais Nikon prime,and then a late 1980s 70 to 300 Nikon zoom.

well ****.

Get the hood.

Warning the JJC hood from Amazon does not fit. We bought 2 for the school, and I had to shave both with a knife to get it to fit the lens. That was a PiA. I think JJC makes all the brand-X hoods, so if it isn't Canon, it is probably a JJC hood.
Ill have to ebay the hood. Not sure if the one i ordered comes with one

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I was seriously tempted to get the 50-230 lens just because its so inexpensive, but im just not convinced i have any sort of need for that long a lens anymore.

I have some portraits lined up in the next few weeks (assuming some motorcycle repairs are done in time) so I will hopefully get a chance to test the lens on exactly what I wanted it for.

I was seriously tempted to get the 50-230 lens just because its so inexpensive, but im just not convinced i have any sort of need for that long a lens anymore.

I have some portraits lined up in the next few weeks (assuming some motorcycle repairs are done in time) so I will hopefully get a chance to test the lens on exactly what I wanted it for.

I have the 50-230 precisely because I rarely use long lenses. My justification was that if I'm going to use a lens only 3 or 4 times a year, it better be a cheap one! :)

I have the 50-230 precisely because I rarely use long lenses. My justification was that if I'm going to use a lens only 3 or 4 times a year, it better be a cheap one! :)
I'm not completely unopposed to buying one, but ive spent too much money lately to justify it now for a "might use it at some point" lens.
I imagine I will wind up with one at some point.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back