orange flower by night

macropleasure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please tell me what you think about this shot

i have been taking so many shots of it cause i like it so much....here my favourite one...

DSC09758.jpg

Very nice shot, lovely vibrant colour, and its a great contrast with the background, maybe try removing the unopened flower head on the right.

I like it a lot, nice lighting, but something about it seems soft to me. I'm sure the lens is fine, and its a shallow DOF, but maybe, to my eye, the focus isn't on the right part of the flower. I'm not a macro guy though, so take that with a grain of salt. Either way it's a beautiful and well-done shot, even if I'm not a big fan of centered subjects.

Nice shot, but I do agree it is a bit soft (motion blur?).

Hi macropleasure. Cool name, btw.

Here's my observations. The image is soft, as others mentioned. The shadows beneath the flower are a little distracting. Either get some highly diffused light on the stem or darken the stems uniformly to take the focus off of them and more on your gorgeous subject.

I also agree deanlewis. The background flower isn't necessary and isolating your subject could be more dramatic. What shutter speed and aperture are you shooting at? Are you auto focusing or manually focusing?

You have a good compositional eye. Lovely subject chosen.

Most reactions

Back