What's new

Origami #2 :)

I like it.... but don't 'get it'. Assuming there is something to get and this isn't an emperors new clothes thing to see how many people 'get it', when there's nothing to get :-P

Please explain soon :confused:
 
I like the perspective and composition. There's a little bit of blowout on some of the pieces. I wonder how it would be with colored paper.
 
Thanks Ralph, I assure you, there IS something to "get" ;)

Irfan, thanks, I blew them a bit in post to get rid of a bit of texture on the paper and a good contrast between the sides, hopefully as I go on I can just use the light and not "have to" blow it out in post. This is converted to black and white because I'm using white paper and warm light and I really don't like the results, it's too "paper" if that makes sense lol! I haven't used colours yet, need to take a trip to the Dollar Store and get more supplies, I think getting colours in with different words and concepts will be way cool :)
 
Thanks Runnah, may I ask what you would do differently with the composition?

There are two different schools of thought behind pieces like this. One being trying to make a design out of the shapes and negative space. Two being using the shapes to form a pleasflowing design.

My ****ty examples.
$shapesample.webp
 
Thanks Runnah, that's where I thought you were going with your comment but wanted to check. There are some more geometric ones in the works but lets just say that in this composition and set I'm currently working on ... there is a method to my madness! :)
 
Saw some of your other origami shots on Flickr. They're good too.
 
Neat shot.

But.

What's going through my mind... is

it's up-side down;)
 
Thanks Irfan :)

ColRay, welcome to TPF!
I think it would be sad upside down :(
;)
 
Gaah, I hate not getting it!! >_<
 
Teehee Ralphh, the answer is :)
 
I'll tell ya Pix, I don't "get it". This spells something?
 
Hey Rick :)
Yes, yes it does... think old school...
 
Ok I figured I'd give it to noon before I told .... and it's noon so here it is!

It's Morse Code and it spells....

Smile

:)
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom